The Dam Tour | Teen Ink

The Dam Tour

June 19, 2014
By trainboy PLATINUM, Washington, Virginia
trainboy PLATINUM, Washington, Virginia
40 articles 1 photo 9 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The higher we go, the better we shall hear the voice of Christ." Blessed Pier Giorgio Frassati
"You may be what ever You resolve to be." General "Stonewall" Jackson


Welcome too Hoover Dam- one of the most famous dams in the history of dams! As you drive along the dam road, you will cross the dam bridge. Look below you, and you will see the dam river- the Colorado. To the right, you will see Hoover Dam itself. On the other side of the dam bridge, park in the dam parking lot. Stroll on into the Dam Visitor Center, where you can see some dam displays, and see the short movie: “Hoover Dam- We Built a Dam!”

Next, meet your dam tour guide! He will take you on a tour of the dam, and answer all of your dam questions! You will get to learn some amazing dam history! Don’t forget to stop by the dam store, in order to get your dam souvenirs!

Next, be sure to visit the dam lake! Here, you can go swimming, or go on the dam tour boat. You will be welcomed onto the boat by none other than Chris Gordon- the Captain of the Dam Boat, and the CEO of the whole dam facility! As he takes you around the lake, he will tell you some cool dam history. Finish the day by having some good food at the Dam View Dinner!

Tired? Spend a night at the Dam Lodge. The bed frames there are all made from wood from trees that were harvested in the dam valley! When it is time to leave, your kid’s will be left saying: “Damn Dad, we should come here again next summer!” Come again!


The author's comments:
This is a spoof of a guide on visiting Hoover Dam. I hope you enjoy it!