The Princess Who Loved Music | Teen Ink

The Princess Who Loved Music

By carlytillema BRONZE, Ripon, California
carlytillema BRONZE, Ripon, California

Once upon a time, there was a princess named Corie. Princess Corie loved music with all her heart. Music changed her life in many ways throughout her years, whether it was playing the flute in the village, or learning guitar and singing, music definitely had an influence on Princess Corie.

Corie loved to wake up to her favorite song as her alarm. If it wasn’t for music in her life, Corie wouldn’t be able to make it through the day. She would often get a song stuck in her head and would sing it all day long unless she didn’t like the song. When Corie was not having a good day, she would either listen to or make music, and her mood would completely change. Music is in Corie’s life every single day! Every morning, Corie would start off by singing in the village for her people. Sometimes she would feel like her singing didn’t sound good, but she was singing for the people of her village, and that’s all that mattered. That’s why Corie loved singing in the village! It always put her in a good mood because it was what she loved to do.
Corie loved to tell the people of her village about how great music was and how it was a remarkable way to express yourself. She would tell them that the best singers made great music because they just expressed their feelings through either plucking strings, banging on a piano, or any other kind of instrument. She told them that you can write songs about your daily experiences, whether happy or sad. Whatever it is, you can always “play” your feelings and your experiences. She told the people that music gives you a different perspective on life and how you live.
Corie also felt the need to tell the people that music is also very time consuming. She told them that she didn’t just sit down and start singing beautiful music. Corie mentioned that she practiced and practiced until she got better! She told the people, “Learning an instrument can be a very frustrating thing. There is a point in learning where you can read any music and once you’re past that point, it just gets easier. Once you have gotten past that point, you will know it’s worth it. Then everything just fits in place, and it becomes so fun!”
After Corie finished singing for her people, she went back home to her castle. She loved to just hang out in her room and play her guitar. She whispered to herself, “I feel like I’m in my own little world, not knowing anything else that is going on. Man, playing the guitar sure is fun! I sometimes find myself spending four hours in my room just making music and it only seems like I have been playing for an hour.” Corie knew she had been playing for a long time when her father came in to tell her that supper was ready. Unwillingly, Corie went to eat dinner, but she couldn’t wait to come back and continue to do what she loved.