His final goodbye. | Teen Ink

His final goodbye.

March 10, 2014
By KaitlynnDianna BRONZE, Saraland, Alabama
KaitlynnDianna BRONZE, Saraland, Alabama
3 articles 1 photo 1 comment

His smile never reaches his eyes, the light that used to reside in the clear blue orbs are now defeated and broken. His teeth that can be seen peeking through his torn, bleeding lips are forever stained yellow by the smoke he breathes. Its tragic how the things that help him get by day after day are bringing him closer to his death. He walks down the hall, singing quietly to himself, wishing this day would just end. The lyrics he sings are filled with so much pain, tears threaten to spill, and in time they do. The liquid felt cold as it ran down his burning cheeks falling to the floor in defeat. He sits in a crowded classroom yet; he has never felt so alone. Voices all around him help drown out the voices in his head but, they will never fill the empties he feels. As the clock ticks, every second seems like an eternity. His head down, he tries to disappear and when the bell rings, he sighs in relief. The whole way home, he sings to himself, his eyes placed firmly on the ground.
He arrives home, and fear suddenly takes over, is this a mistake? Is this really the best option? He looks at his reflection seeing tears silently take over his pale cheeks. “I have to do this” he whispers. With one last glance, he pulled out a razor blade and sliced his arm from his wrist to the inside of his elbow. As he lies on the floor, his smile finally reaches his eyes. With one last breath, he says his goodbye.


The author's comments:
Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.