Cookies | Teen Ink

Cookies

By YasminB. PLATINUM, Ocala, Florida
YasminB. PLATINUM, Ocala, Florida

Practice makes perfect!

The smell of fresh baked cookies reminds me of many things. The smell of my home when it is clean and fresh reminds me of fresh baked cookies. When I was little, I would smell cookies in my house a lot. After I would bake, I would smell like the warm, fresh baked cookies. The chocolate chips would still be melting from the inside. When I smell fresh baked cookies, instantly, I think that I am in a world full of chocolate chip cookies. The warmth of it would warm me up if I were as cold as ice. The melting chocolate chips would melt in my mouth as if it were just liquid. There would be small and large cookies surrounding me. Another thought that comes to my mind when I smell fresh baked cookies is that I think of the ingredients. I am a person that loves to bake and puts good effort to make it the best. I can imagine the person mixing the flour, sugar, eggs, and all types of ingredients with love. Fresh baked cookies are better than cookies that have stayed out for a while. Fresh baked cookies has more exotic flavor and makes people (like me) enjoy the scrumptious, delectable smell of fresh baked cookies. Even though I don’t celebrate Christmas, the fresh baked cookies remind me of this time. Before, back in New York, when I was two, my family and I would celebrate Christmas with our grandma. We didn’t understand our religion back then. I remember getting those cookies and those instantly reminded me of chocolate chip cookies. I would ask my mom, “Why can’t they call these Christmas cookies chocolate chip cookies?” I never knew that there was a difference between the two. Now, think of a cold day, but you are inside drinking hot chocolate and enjoying the fire crackling from the fireplace. That also reminds me when I smell fresh baked cookies. The melting chocolate chips from those hot cookies represent the hot chocolate that warms me up as fast as getting a temperature. The freshness and warmness represents the warmth of the fire blazing in my face and the clean crisp autumn blowing in from the windows cracked open. That thought takes me into a different world and I forget everything. That vision is like a spell, so I think of it when I am about to go to sleep. Then all my dreams will be full of warm, fresh baked cookies and being in the most warmest place in the most coldest place on the universe. Now if anyone were to come up and ask me, “What does the smell of fresh baked cookies smell like?” I will have a whole page of things to say to them.