From a dream to revenge | Teen Ink

From a dream to revenge

December 6, 2013
By YasminB. PLATINUM, Ocala, Florida
YasminB. PLATINUM, Ocala, Florida
20 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
Practice makes perfect!


I am in a place that I don’t know of. I am just stuck with my eyes closed. The place feels so hot that I might faint. I hear someone out in the distance telling me to describe as to what is going on. I don’t know how this will help. I am just baking out here and I want to go home. But I don’t say this because I hear that there is switch like a machine working. Maybe I might get out of here and live my life if I just tell these people what I think. Well, here goes nothing. As my eyes are closed, I feel something just pop up like a snake or an animal. I stand as still as a statue and find out that it is grass! But not hot and rough like some types of grass are. This is grass that is tingling through my toes like someone putting some ice in each one of your toes. I sigh in relief and say, “I feel the cool grass rustling between my toes and cooling me off.” Next, there is a scent lingering somewhere. Instantly, I have a vision that I am with my mom and she tells me she is going to put these flowers in a contest to win one million dollars! I also remember that she had won that contest and everyone in the neighborhood would ask her what is the name of the plant that looked very attractive and had the loveliest fragrance ever. She would reply, “ It is called the passionflower. This flower is the only flower that heals any damage done to any animal or human. This flower is used so much that there is no more of this kind except for the one I am growing. So, if I take care of it, it might grow more and then I will share it among others.” I had smelled this flower before and now this fragrance is the same as that passionflower. “ I smell flowers that smell just like the ones at my house” is what I say. Then I can feel the sun just sizzling on me, but I ignore this because I feel the wind slapping my face and the scent is just forcing me to stand my ground. “I shall not leave, for the scent and the wind is just blocking the sun,” I say. Then I hear kids laughing. Wait, that is my brother and his friends playing in the pool. I hear my friends too! Wait a second. How come I am not laughing and I hear my friends and my brother laughing and having fun? Oh well, I say out that my friends and my brother is having fun. As I fit the pieces to the puzzle together, I have an image as to where I am and what is going on. Then someone takes a blindfold off of me. I didn’t know that was on me. That person tells me to open my eyes, I find myself laughing because it is my mom and everyone I heard telling me happy birthday. I am in my bathing suit and ready to jump in the pool. I have lemonade in my hand and I slurp it down. That just tingles the insides of me and energizes me. But I stop myself before I jump in. Why is everyone here? Then, I wake up and find myself in a different place and I am screaming. I calm myself down and I tell myself that I am in a place that no one will find me. I also know that those people in my dream were those people who are gone from my life now. Also, that was the day they were gone from my sight, and my last time I would ever see them again. I have nowhere to turn. I feel lost. Only if those people weren't gone from my life, everything would be fine and no one would be gone from my grasp. I had just been with them and now that they are gone, I can’t choose what to do. That dream can never be a dream. That is only a vision that makes me feel even more alone. I feel like I am caged and I am just gone in the wind. Just gone. I am alone, stuck, hurt, and hungry. Oh how can I get out of this place and forget about this? There is no way I can forget who made my friends and family disappear before my eyes and make me become like this person. I then notice that there is something in my hand. “Use it wisely” is what I heard from my mom. That was her last words. It is a magical spear that can do what I tell it to do. I tighten my grip and say, “ I will not let go of you and I will use it to destroy the person who took away my family and friends. With that, I was up and ready to get out and hunt for that person. I whip up something to eat and drink so I am ready to fight. No one will stop my way. I will find that person and make him or her pay because whatever they did to me, I will do the same to them.