My World and Mask | Teen Ink

My World and Mask

By Nyght-Fang PLATINUM, Strum, Wisconsin
Nyght-Fang PLATINUM, Strum, Wisconsin

"when you wanna give up and your hearts about to break... remember that your perfect. God makes no mistakes.." Welcome to wherever you are, -bon jovi-

The world of illusion I have created to protect myself is in jeopardy. I try to hide the pain and fury with a mask of deceitful happiness. It may seem convincing to you but my comrades see easily, the lies written in its expressions. I want to let this pain go, but it would hurt the others around me. I want to be free of constant pressure from the worlds requests. I cry within my mask knowing the tears will always go unnoticed. The world around me is cold and cruel. But the cruelness provides me with reasons to withdraw into the world I created. I wish I could let the world in my head, become the world outside my being. For then I could be without my mask, and show the world the true me. But I know the world shall never change and will always be trying to break my world of hope and destroy my temple of release. My world is only seen by few, and all I want is for them to not have to bare my pain of the cumbersome mask I must wear outside. So why can’t I shout to the heavens to rid me of my masks agony? My world is growing colder as reality begins to seep in. My heart is becoming heavy with the thought of trying to break the curse my world and mask have on me. I reach to the ones who have seen its hidden sorrow to drag me from this inner hell. I want to leave it behind, but it is who I am. A constant shroud of self-inflicted heartache. My mask tries endlessly to drag me back to the ruins of my shattered realm of created illusions. But this is what I try so hard to forget, to leave behind. I have tried and failed at putting away the mask for good. And my dimension of diluted fantasies has taken me captive once more.