Wings like Eagles | Teen Ink

Wings like Eagles

By freeperson DIAMOND, Burlington, Vermont
freeperson DIAMOND, Burlington, Vermont

"Have you seen the way he looks at you, the way his expression softens and his eyes are like stars...?" - Ara Weston

The man tightens the seat belts, smiling at us. "Fast or slow?"

"Fast," says Nick without hesitation. I roll my eyes but don't protest.

My brother Nick and I are sitting in a two-seated zip line, with Grandma smiling on the other side of the wire fence. The man presses a green button on a control panel, and it sends us flying up the cable.

The motion feels so good I almost shout with happiness, since for a long time I have wanted to be able to fly, either with wings or without. But I don't want to scare Nick, so I enjoy it silently. The zip line feels like I am flying so much that I want it to last forever.

We stop at the top and hover for a second. From up here I can see for miles and miles, everything and at the same time, nothing at all. Nothing except for some land, but nothing of the real world, nothing I could see if I could fly.

We zoom downwards, so fast I close my eyes to keep them inside my head. The wind is intense, and Nick yells, and I feel like he's ruining it. But I don't do anything.

If I open my eyes, maybe I'll have wings like eagles.

An experience at an amusement park.

freeperson DIAMOND, Burlington, Vermont

thank u :)

DawnieRae BRONZE, Lancaster, Ohio
I loved this. It was so awesome!

freeperson DIAMOND, Burlington, Vermont

Thanks, and I will :)

Angel1932 PLATINUM, Antioch, California

"Love can touch us one time and last for a lifetime" ~ Celine Dion
"If you're going to pray don't worry... if you're going to worry don't pray." ~ Mariah Carey

This is beautiful, I loved it, nice ending! Keep writing :) Please check out some of my work! 

freeperson DIAMOND, Burlington, Vermont

thank u :) that means alot 

Jade.I.Am ELITE, Fishers, Indiana

“If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose”
― Charles Bukowski

I really enjoyed this. Short, but full of meaning. Good job :)