A long came the bug | Teen Ink

A long came the bug

April 2, 2013
By DestiniD BRONZE, Belleview, Florida
DestiniD BRONZE, Belleview, Florida
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
We all fall down in life, but the ones who pick them self up are the one to succeed ~Me


As I run cross the kitchen floor in the dark I hope no one see me. The little grains of dirt roll under my feet. If I don’t find any food soon my family will starve to death. The smell of fresh backed cookies fills my nose like a sponge. I run towards the smell hoping to find some crumbs left by the family. Out of the corner of my eye I see a goldmine of crumbs just across the kitchen under the highchair. I scurry over the highchair. When I get over there I put every last crumb on my back. When I go to leave, the light flickers on. Then all of a sudden the baby points a me and says “mommy look a bug!!” I become stiff, trying not to move a muscle. The woman reaches under the sink and grabs a spray can. Then I knew it was over there was no were to go. She walks closer, and puts here finger on the button. Then a light mist touches my skin. At first I was stunned I couldn’t move. Then she presses on the button even harder and everything goes blank. You know that saying “I can see the light” will it was true I could see the light.