A long came the bug | Teen Ink

A long came the bug

By DestiniD BRONZE, Belleview, Florida
DestiniD BRONZE, Belleview, Florida

We all fall down in life, but the ones who pick them self up are the one to succeed ~Me

As I run cross the kitchen floor in the dark I hope no one see me. The little grains of dirt roll under my feet. If I don’t find any food soon my family will starve to death. The smell of fresh backed cookies fills my nose like a sponge. I run towards the smell hoping to find some crumbs left by the family. Out of the corner of my eye I see a goldmine of crumbs just across the kitchen under the highchair. I scurry over the highchair. When I get over there I put every last crumb on my back. When I go to leave, the light flickers on. Then all of a sudden the baby points a me and says “mommy look a bug!!” I become stiff, trying not to move a muscle. The woman reaches under the sink and grabs a spray can. Then I knew it was over there was no were to go. She walks closer, and puts here finger on the button. Then a light mist touches my skin. At first I was stunned I couldn’t move. Then she presses on the button even harder and everything goes blank. You know that saying “I can see the light” will it was true I could see the light.