Owl of Knowledge | Teen Ink

Owl of Knowledge

By Opticalillusion DIAMOND, Edenton, North Carolina
Opticalillusion DIAMOND, Edenton, North Carolina

I am an artist bound only for the poet's glory....But only achieve half of the success that my dreams aspire to find, And to what do the whispers tell me of this failure...To what end to they haunt my nightmares...my eternal dark dreams...

The owl of wisdom is an owl no other animal could ever equal not human or beast alike. It lives in the mountain tops of the highest of mountains where it meditates all day. It meditates with three others, the first of which is a noble wolf who has much strength and his knowledge is good but still has far to come, and the other is a rabbit who’s speed is among the fastest in the land but his ignorance clouds his mind henceforth he lacks proper wisdom and finally the python his cunning was his most useful trait as well as his stealth. The owl kept these three around for the same reason, he knew about their differences and their places on the food chain but he wished to learn from the wolf and the rabbit as if they had become his teachers. The owl watched and fraternized for several weeks with the three, he watched the wolf and picked out the good traits then the owl would imitate them with the same body motions which happen to be the easiest way to obtain knowledge. Then he picked out the bad traits in the rabbit which was the rabbit’s ignorance then the owl sat down, thought and reflected upon the rabbit’s ignorance and the owl corrected the rabbit’s errors in himself which is the noblest way to obtain knowledge. Finally the last one was the snake, whose cunning and stealth so far has proven to be quite aggravating. When the owl found the snake he found him at a storage hole in the snow where the owl often keeps food for later. The snake was full and his stomach was fattened, the snake had eaten all of the owl’s food. The owl got mad and he blew up with fire in his eyes but soon was calmed at the realization that he should learn from his experience he looked at the snake with a smile and thanked him, for the new education and knowledge of that experience this of which is the bitterest way to obtain knowledge.

this is my first piece of my short story saga. i am making stories based off of famous quotes by Confucius, Gandi etc this one is a quote based one wisdom

"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." - Confucius.

thanks for the honnest review I truely appriciate it. :D

MadelynHope BRONZE, Trophy Club, Texas

"All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them." -Walt Disney

It's a neat idea. Just make sure to cut your sentences down so that ideas are separated and the reader can see the whole picture easier. And you can capitalize 'Owl', I believe, if that's all you're going to call it, just to separate it from other owls in case you're going to add any. All in all, not bad. I'm not an expert of course, haha, but just a tad bit of work and it'll be really really good :)

Thank you for reading and commenting, I'm glad you liked it, ill post my others on here soon. 

LexusMarie PLATINUM, Las Cruces, New Mexico

The more control you have over yourself, the less control others have over you.

I love this so much.. it just flows really nice and I loved reading it. You are very talented and I'm excited to read the others. This is a great piece. Thank you for sharing..