TOOOTTTINNNGGGGGGGGGG! | Teen Ink

TOOOTTTINNNGGGGGGGGGG!

By Ana Velazquez BRONZE, Mundelein, Illinois
Ana Velazquez BRONZE, Mundelein, Illinois

As a sixteen year old girl, I feel I can help those males that are scared to let-it-rip in front of their girlfriend, and even help girls become more comfortable around their boyfriend. I encourage both guys and girls to read and learn the comforts and variety of reactions of your lover, closest family members and friends.
Farts.
Everyone does it. But not everyone is comfortable tooting in front of strangers or their lover. Some people may be comfortable farting with their family and closest friends. Last summer, the subject of farting came up in a conversation between my cousins and I. I asked my cousins if they were ashamed of farting when with their “soul mate”.
Zaida: Psh.. NO. Didn’t I tell you guys how I was the one who broke the barrier!?
Unlike Zaida, Bianca said: YES! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!??!? I only have the guts around you guys, parents and brother.
Me: holy crap Zaida, tell us!!!
Zaida: Okay well I was cooking and my Smoochy Pookie Boowas here and I’m trying to taste the soup I made and he’s behind me trying to grab my spoon so… I just did what I had to do to get that boy off of me!
Me: YOU FARTED ON HIS JUNK!? GROSS!!!!!
Zaida: Yeah but what does a girl gotta do, you know? He said it felt funny like waves of the ocean because of the vibrations my gas caused. But we both just laughed.
Break the barrier a much less weird way like talking about if your farts are smelly to the point of making you want to throw up or if they’re just odorless, and eventually both just fart it out and decide whose farts are louder and any other details you cutie pies may want to discuss. But you should NEVER let your lover smell it. You don’t know whether or not it is going to be silent and deadly or just odorless.
A couple of weeks ago my smexy, Guatemalan, soccer playing, ranger was fed up because neither one of us was brave enough to break the ice. We were having a movie night with my family and it was our turn to prepare the snacks and popcorn. As I put the popcorn in the microwave, I hear my boyfriend having a fit.
Luis: CAN YOU JUST FART ALREADY?! It’s driving me crazy!
Me: I don’t need to so why don’t you?
Luis: FINE, I WILL!
And there it happened, on the border between my kitchen and living room floor. On the gold framing of the floor separating the beige kitchen tile and the caramel colored wood floor.(I simply ignored it just to minimize the embarrassment if he was embarrassed deep down in his soul).

These rules might help both the person farting and your sweet cheeks hearing the fart, which was me. Looking the person in the eye when they fart is far more redonkulous because then you have the tendency to laugh.
ALWAYS BE PREPARED. You never know if your honeybunch is going to bail on you only because you farted. It’s tough. You decide: farting freely or forever alone.
Next, DON’T LOOK EMBARRASED. If you farted in front of your prince charming or princess---
Then, ACT NATURAL. Don’t let it look like it bothered you because then the person will be a jerk and tease you for the rest of your relationship, unless you know… he or she is nice.
Make up an excuse if that doesn’t work say it was your stomach, make them look the other way so you can get the 75% stench away and the 25% of the oxygen raised back up to its normal pH level… JUST DO IT! You can also ignore the fact that you farted and pray to your dear Lord that this person respects you and your farting times. If you let him fart in front of you, then he’s going to think: SHE’S A KEEPER! And you’re obviously going to think the same thing because you want to be comfortable to the point where the small barriers like that can help move forward.
Let your vibrating farts contaminate the 45% of oxygen in the room.