The Lion, Gazelle, And The Crocodile river | Teen Ink

The Lion, Gazelle, And The Crocodile river

By Opticalillusion DIAMOND, Edenton, North Carolina
Opticalillusion DIAMOND, Edenton, North Carolina

I am an artist bound only for the poet's glory....But only achieve half of the success that my dreams aspire to find, And to what do the whispers tell me of this failure...To what end to they haunt my nightmares...my eternal dark dreams...

Once upon a time not to long ago but yet very far away there once lived a Lion and a Gazelle and they just arrived at the banks of the crocodile river. The animals had to migrate due to loss of food and water sources. The Gazelle was a young one, fastest of his herd, bravest has well but very cocky and had to much pride. on the other hand was the lion and he was a very smart and observant one but he was rather old but still was a good runner. these two animals were enemies and hated each others beyond belief. these two have met each other countless times but gazelle just seemed to be a little faster but this is a new territory. A new area of unknown inhabitants. One day while the herd of gazelle was traveling to get some food the cocky one decided he wasn't hungry but yet it was thirsty. So the gazelle went to the river the lion stalked it until about 20 ft from the river then he pounced out of the tall grass. The gazelle expected the lion so it ran and ran. The lion pursued. The gazelle ran then swam across the river. That's when the lion stopped, For the lion knew it was a bad idea to enter the river. He knew it wasn't his place in the world and it wasn't the gazelles neither. The gazelle remained cocky and decided to tease the lion. the gazelle started sticking it's tongue out and waving it's butt towards the lion. The lion how ever just smiled and walked off to get something else to eat. The next day, The lion spots the cocky gazelle once more and the gazelle See's the lion and he runs. The lion pursues the gazelle until it goes into the river once more. Then the gazelle continued with the teasing but this time while sticking it's tongue out and waving it's butt he was waving his horns at him. once again the lion gave a smile to the gazelle's arrogant actions. The next day mid afternoon the lion and gazelle once again meet up. the lion pursues the gazelle. the gazelle runs into the river, but this time has it is in the middle of the river it feels a ripping and searing pain on his leg. he struggles but it's no use it gets worse and worse. blood fills the water. nothing is left after a while but then crocodiles surface the river top. The lion who was watching the whole thing just smiles.

This is a morale story. This story is all about morale and a lesson you should and can learn

emtpchris said...
Wonderful story about wisdom and knowing when not to travel outside of one's limits... constructively... I would say work on spelling and grammar and this would be an excellent short story! I love the parable type story!

country-cutey GOLD, St.croix Falls, Wisconsin

Dont say it if you dont mean it because i might actually belive it

wow great job on the story i really enjoyed it  

on Dec. 28 2012 at 9:36 am
Hey:) So two thumbs up for a job well done..this reminds me of a folktale..its really neat. *claps for Truth*

on Dec. 28 2012 at 8:51 am

Thanks so much picus u think so about the kids book ill think about that probly gonna have to do a little editing due to the eating alive of the ggazelle XD but rlly thanks for help and honnesty ill do it

on Dec. 28 2012 at 8:51 am
nakubara PLATINUM, Belvidere, New Jersey

Everything you do in life is insignificant, but its important you do it anyway ~Ghandi

Two thumbs up! Very good short story!

Picus. said...
Oh my Gosh, this is such a nice story. This should be in childrens book. By the way, I would recommend including morals as well. Good job over all.