The Lion, Gazelle, And The Crocodile river | Teen Ink

The Lion, Gazelle, And The Crocodile river

December 12, 2012
By Opticalillusion DIAMOND, Edenton, North Carolina
Opticalillusion DIAMOND, Edenton, North Carolina
64 articles 13 photos 59 comments

Favorite Quote:
I am an artist bound only for the poet's glory....But only achieve half of the success that my dreams aspire to find, And to what do the whispers tell me of this failure...To what end to they haunt my nightmares...my eternal dark dreams...


Once upon a time not to long ago but yet very far away there once lived a Lion and a Gazelle and they just arrived at the banks of the crocodile river. The animals had to migrate due to loss of food and water sources. The Gazelle was a young one, fastest of his herd, bravest has well but very cocky and had to much pride. on the other hand was the lion and he was a very smart and observant one but he was rather old but still was a good runner. these two animals were enemies and hated each others beyond belief. these two have met each other countless times but gazelle just seemed to be a little faster but this is a new territory. A new area of unknown inhabitants. One day while the herd of gazelle was traveling to get some food the cocky one decided he wasn't hungry but yet it was thirsty. So the gazelle went to the river the lion stalked it until about 20 ft from the river then he pounced out of the tall grass. The gazelle expected the lion so it ran and ran. The lion pursued. The gazelle ran then swam across the river. That's when the lion stopped, For the lion knew it was a bad idea to enter the river. He knew it wasn't his place in the world and it wasn't the gazelles neither. The gazelle remained cocky and decided to tease the lion. the gazelle started sticking it's tongue out and waving it's butt towards the lion. The lion how ever just smiled and walked off to get something else to eat. The next day, The lion spots the cocky gazelle once more and the gazelle See's the lion and he runs. The lion pursues the gazelle until it goes into the river once more. Then the gazelle continued with the teasing but this time while sticking it's tongue out and waving it's butt he was waving his horns at him. once again the lion gave a smile to the gazelle's arrogant actions. The next day mid afternoon the lion and gazelle once again meet up. the lion pursues the gazelle. the gazelle runs into the river, but this time has it is in the middle of the river it feels a ripping and searing pain on his leg. he struggles but it's no use it gets worse and worse. blood fills the water. nothing is left after a while but then crocodiles surface the river top. The lion who was watching the whole thing just smiles.


The author's comments:
This is a morale story. This story is all about morale and a lesson you should and can learn