Boarded From My Mind | Teen Ink

Boarded From My Mind

By Sami.Stargazer SILVER, Stillwater, Minnesota
Sami.Stargazer SILVER, Stillwater, Minnesota

Be strong now, because things will get better. It might be stormy now, but it can't rain forever.

The papers, scattered endlessly about, were all you could see of the floor. It was an endless sea of white from the door, to the closet, all around the TV stand, and all the way up to the bed. Some were crunched into tiny balls and others lay, still smooth, in heaps. Amidst the chaos is the main cause of the destruction, lying tousled on the bed was a teenage girl. The girl’s frustration was evident as could be. Her makeup was in ruins, her hair was a mess, and she was wearing a pair of hand-me-down sweats and hoodie that was torn to bits. She lay somewhat slouched over a slowly dwindling notebook, as she tried to gain inspiration for her writing.

Her chest rose and fell in an unsteady rhythm, her fingers were blistered and her mind was quickly decreasing in its capacity to stay sane. The words just weren’t flowing the way they should be. She was becoming more of a wreck as each second went by. “How much longer would this last!?” she thought to herself. Her eyebrows furrowed as she tried to concentrate harder. Subconsciously, she starts to bite her nails. After a few moments she got up off of her bed and started to pace the length of her bedroom. Then, out of nowhere, an idea popped into her head. Maybe if she turned on some music it would help. Music was everything and more to her, and once she thought about it more thoroughly, she realized that it would definitely help her. So, she slowly sauntered over to her beat-up stereo and put in her favorite CD.

After feeling slightly more relaxed, she walked back to her bed, sat down, and grabbed her pencil. As the music moved within her mind it soothed her; the tension and frustration were lessening with every note. Without even noticing the pencil began sliding effortlessly over the paper; she filled line after line with words she didn’t know she had inside of her. Before she knew it, pages were filled. She looked over her work; a confident smile slowly spread across her face. Her writers block was gone and now the real fun could begin.

This was a short story I wrote a little while ago and just recently made a few changes to. It's a descriptive narrative describing myself having writers block.