Needles | Teen Ink

Needles

By Arachno GOLD, Boise, Idaho
Arachno GOLD, Boise, Idaho

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, or fabulous?

Needles

I AM HATED. One day, the dreadful thought crossed my mind. I am despised more than the lowest, most stupid blob that ever oozed across the face of the earth. Why? Why am I lesser than dirt? Oh, yeah. Maybe it’s because I stab people with my snout and suck their blood. But do I have a choice? If I consume anything else, I would wither up and die a long, drawn-out death. It’s not MY fault I was born how I am, but out of all things, a MOSQUITO?

Uh oh, it’s twilight. It’s that time again when my stomach becomes my brain. I try to resist, but my body does nothing. I can feel my wings beginning to lift me off the leaf I was perched on and carry me to a human sitting at a campfire. Inside, I am screaming. Come on, wings! Don’t obey my appetite! NO! Oh, Lord, help me! I can’t control myself! WAIT, I CAN’T DO THIS! STOP, BODY, STOP!!! NO!!!

Before I could repent to God, I was already swallowing the rich, red liquid. As soon as my appetite was appeased, I could control myself again. THIS IS MY BIG CHANCE, I thought, as I flew in front of the man’s nose. SMACK! I became paralyzed with pain; the man had smashed half of my body flat. I could feel my consciousness beginning to weaken. For the first time in my life, I was happy…

I haven't posted anything on Teen Ink for a while, and I hope people will like this article.