The man with broken slippers | Teen Ink

The man with broken slippers

September 26, 2012
By Vagabond SILVER, New Delhi, Other
Vagabond SILVER, New Delhi, Other
8 articles 0 photos 107 comments

Favorite Quote:
Every end is a new beginning;
What a caterpillar calls an end the rest of the world calls a butterfly;
"Begining are normally sacary endings are normally sad,
it's in the middle which makes life worth living"


Once upon a time, in a desert, there was an aged man who kept on complaining to god about his poverty. “Why did you give me so less money that I can’t even mend my broken slippers?” He used to ask.
Sometimes we don’t get everything the way we wish them to be. But in the situation, if we stop complaining and start living our lives, it will be wonderful because most of us our busy designing the paintings of our lives some of us take time to take a look at it.
While crossing the desert the man met an old man who was sitting on a camel and roaming in the vast endless desert. The aged man looked up at the sky and said, “The man has power to sit on a camel. I travel on foot. Why didn’t you give me money to mend my only sole traveller; my slippers?”
There are people who might be happier than us or luckier than us. But no one is happiest or luckiest. All of us have some sad stories, some bad days which give us reason to wake up another day and hope for an even better day. The day we start waking up in the morning not to impress somebody but for ourselves we will realise that there is so much we have missed. Life is very tough if we wake up thinking about the previous day and regretting, but life will be very easier if we wake up with a fresh new start and hope for something better.
On the way to the desert, the man met a young man who was crawling in the desert because he didn’t have legs. The aged man stopped, looked up at the sky, smiled and said, “Thank you god, for giving me legs.”