the blackness and the hallway | Teen Ink

the blackness and the hallway

By marzapan PLATINUM, Westchester, Pennsylvania
marzapan PLATINUM, Westchester, Pennsylvania

"do not lead me unto temptation, i can find the way my self" rita brown
"die fish Hitler die" jake: homestuck
"My only friend growing up was a yak." -Russia (Hetalia)
"Pants are your first priority." -My friend

i look down a long hallway, i see nothing but silver walls and a bright white light. i can't remember anything except fire and screatching metal. not my birthday, my parent's faces, or even my own name show any presance in my mind. i keep walking, my bare feet smacking against the cold stone floor. at the end of the hallway is a door with light comming in through the gaps around it's frame. as i get closer, the door seams farther away. i try to run, but i could be running backwards for all the help it gives. i fall to the floor, still being dragged backwards by some unseen force. i try to grab for something, anything, but the smooth floor and walls give me nothing to hold on to. i continue to slide down the hallway, faster and faster until i disapear from where i was. i see nothing, nothing but total darkness. i can hear beeping and shallow breathing, but nothing else. i feel cold all over, but i can't do anything about it. i try to get up, to move, to grab for a blanket, but my body is unresponsive. my body feels heavy and cold, it's as if my skin is made of stone and ice. i hear foot steps, quiet at first, but getting louder. i hear voices, but i can't understand the words. i scream, but i am not sure if the voices heard me. i try to get up, i try to regain controle. i feel my hands forming fists, the voices get louder. i can understand the words now, they are saying that i am to far gone, that i won't make it. they hadn't heard my scream, they hadn't seen my fists clench. "I am alive, i am here!" i wanted to yell. the voices couldn't hear my silent screams. they started talking about how i was alive, but just barley. how i was in a coma and they never exspected to wake up. they started talking about uthenasia, about a poison that would be painless and i would die quickly and be at peace. i hear sobbing, sobbing that must be comming from my mother that i can remember nothing about. i open my eyes just as i feel a needle sliding into my flesh. everything goes black once again, and weather the voices knew it or not, they just apsent mindedly commited murder.