Greed | Teen Ink

Greed

December 7, 2011
By hobo12321 PLATINUM, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
hobo12321 PLATINUM, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
20 articles 11 photos 62 comments

Favorite Quote:
none, there's too many, although the one about the grapefruit is good. Any by Douglas Adams


Greed is cruel. She lives in New York City in the penthouse apartment with stark white walls, and dainty furniture. Every chair had to have a plastic cover, and every table had an immaculate flower display. Greed wears fur hats, and heels up as high as her fireplace. In the winter, Greed doesn’t worry about the heating. Greed has money, and isn’t afraid to show it. The curious thing is how Greed got her money. There are rumors in her neighborhood. Rumors which are never confirmed because no one in the neighborhood will be friends with Greed (Rumors of a war, where her husband killed, and was killed. Rumors of diamonds from a relative who passed away. Rumors that she killed them. Both. Rumors of unsigned agreements that slipped a benefit). The neighbors associate Greed with even the small crimes around town. When the local supermarket was robbed, no one doubted that Greed was behind it. When a daughter stole her parent’s car, everyone was sure that Greed helped her sneak it out of the garage. Greed knows about these rumors, and if they’re true she’s not telling. Someday she’ll write a book about other people’s misfortunes, and milk them for all their worth. She’ll expose them, strip them of their secrets, and treasures until their bones are gleaming, like the ivory handled umbrella she carries when it rains. She knows that one day, everyone will understand Greed.

The author's comments:
English assignment where we had to personify a quality.