Why did the chicken cross the road? | Teen Ink

Why did the chicken cross the road?

By KICK3593 PLATINUM, Roslyn Heights, New York
KICK3593 PLATINUM, Roslyn Heights, New York

Why did the chicken cross the road? Because it was being followed by a bunch of people (who would eventually come up with a "Why did the chicken cross the road?" joke because of the following), and it really didn't like being followed because it had social issues, and so it just crossed the road; it was a green walk signal, there wasn't anything illegal about it, nothing was wrong with it, ok? The chicken just wanted to be left alone. But NO! Everyone just had to make a joke about it, didn't they? They had to make all kinds of jokes. Puns, inside-jokes, comedy skits, even those stupid knock-knock jokes, and no answers those seriously anymore, do they? Really? They do? Oh. But anyway, does anyone think about this chicken? About its little life and how it was in therapy and just beginning to come out of its childhood eggshell trauma and start a new life and lay eggs herself and maybe even become that rock-star she always dreamed of being? No!!! To everyone else it was just this little thing whose feelings could be toyed with and rolled up into a ball and mashed and now this chicken is traumatized for life and stuck in a little corner of the world crying to itself....Just kidding, it has copyright on the joke. She's rolling in dough and couldn't be happier.