Prisoner | Teen Ink

Prisoner

By TragicMagic SILVER, Smiths Grove, Kentucky
TragicMagic SILVER, Smiths Grove, Kentucky

"Life isn't about how popular you are... What girl or boy you are dating or who you know. Life is about always being true to who you are or what you believe in. Never let anyone convince you that their way is better than your way. In the end all we have is our hearts...and our minds. This is the reason why we sing... this is the reason why we cry... this is why we live."

Okay, do you want the sugar coated truth, or the hard truth? If you picked the hard, GOOD FOR YOU, if you picked sugar coated, GET TO THE REAL WORLD!!! I guess it’s the price you pay for freedom, that’s why I’m here. That’s why you picked the sugar coated truth, you think its gossip, but it’s true, you want to think that this doesn’t happen. Guess what, IT DOES. Before I start in the now, I guess I have to tell you the awful past. I was a soldier, a good one if you ask me. My general had a suspicion that a couple of our spies were working for the enemy. He told us to pry the information from Will and Andy. If they faced treason, their conviction would be death; America has no room for traitors. I have a terrible addiction, I smoke. That’s what threw us off. We had walked past the gasoline; you know where this is leading. I carelessly threw my cigarette on the ground and as we walked away POW. The gas tanks, being their flammable selves, exploded. “Run unless you want to pay with you lives!!!!” I whispered quickly to my team. I have no family, they did, is my reason behind it. “Give us your license now!” the man barked in my face. Damn, was my first thought, because I don’t have a clue what he’s talking about. Now I’m here, as a P.O.W. they torture their victims until they get what they want, they want your secrets and they’ll kill you for them. If you stray from the prisoner group they’ll kill you. If your ransom isn’t paid they’ll kill you, either way, I’m dead no one cares for me. Now you are most likely wondering when this story will turn to the bright side. I’m telling you now, it’s when man gives up his prejudices, I hope you don’t have one toward someone, if you do; you are one of those who started this, this war. That’s my story.

I was inspired to write this because my brother is in the war.