Morning after | Teen Ink

Morning after

October 31, 2010
By _toni4asec_ GOLD, London, Other
_toni4asec_ GOLD, London, Other
14 articles 12 photos 55 comments

Favorite Quote:
That time when you feel like giving up... that's when you actually have to push yourself harder (:


It was five minutes past three in the morning as she laid there in his arms. She took one deep breath before she closed her eyes and tried to get some sleep. She couldn't. She touched the arm that was draped across her naked body. He's real. He's really here with me. Come sunrise, what was she to do?

It did not take her too long to picture out what would happen when they wake up to the bright morning and take everything in... that the night was not spent with the ‘official' partner. She could imagine his face when he'll try to kiss her and find out she's not the girlfriend. How awkward it would be when she'll start picking up the clothes strewn around the room, slowly picking them up one by one as he watch her do so. Maybe it would be a good idea to leave before light hits the space...

She tried to lift the arm that had been everywhere on her body thirty minutes ago. When he felt her move, he pulled her closer. Great, now it's more comfortable than it had been. She was too weak to even counter that move. Her legs felt wobbly and she was exhausted. She decided to leave at five in the morning, by then she'll have the energy she needs to leave.

She fell asleep the moment she closed her eyes.

She felt something on her cheek and her lids fluttered as light met her half-open eyes. Oh my God! She over slept by three hours and now she'd have to do what she had imagined earlier. How she wished she'd just be invisible at that very moment. "Good morning." He told her with a smile, totally unexpected and it made her pull the covers on her face and pretend that she did not hear a thing. Who was she kidding? She returned the greeting from under the covers. She smelled her own morning breath and she knew that hiding under the covers before speaking was the perfect thing to do. Waking up next to a new person was not something she's done before and the morning face and breath were not helping. She was naked under the covers and her mind worked fast on what to cover herself when she rises. A towel was draped on the chair next to the bed and so she grabbed this and wrapped it around her. She had to leave.

She hurried to the toilet and looked at her dishevelled face looking back at her from the mirror. God, she was a mess. She washed her face and combed her hair. Then she saw the shower and decided to take one. It took her five minutes to pull herself together and as she stepped out of her bath, he was waiting for her. She smiled awkwardly and looked down. What could he be possibly thinking at this very moment? In her mind she could see him tell her he's driving her home (while she's still wearing that small towel barely covering her body.)

He went to stand in front of her...so near that his presence made her feel all wobbly and nervous. He cupped the back of her neck and his lips went to hers. The next thing she knew, the towel had fallen off her body and she was kissing him back. She was confused and at the same time aroused but she did not want to think about anything more than this very sweet moment. He carried her back to bed. He looked deeply into her eyes as he held her in his arms and said: "No regrets..." And she smiled as she pulled him close to her for a deep kiss...


The author's comments:
You know it’s not right..... But somehow it doesn’t feel so wrong either.... Not one of my best, but I hope you like it