Glowing | Teen Ink

Glowing

By Hannaleiigh PLATINUM, Kittery Point, Maine
Hannaleiigh PLATINUM, Kittery Point, Maine

I run down to the same beach we walked but there is no longer a magical pulse in the footprints we left and the flowers have bloomed this year but they are different. Even the winding driveway down to your house doesn’t seem nearly as crooked. I’m a year older. I’m a year sadder. I’m a year happier.

I always reach the sandy lot and the boulders but I never set foot on the sand we danced on. The sand we kissed on. The we stood on when I told you I loved you. I didn’t mean it then, but I promise you I mean it now.

Being on this beach is opening a door to a memory and erasing you from it. Being here feels like taking everything back. It breaks my heart but I slide into a slump on the ground anyway. Maybe if I sit here and stare into the unbreaking horizon long enough, you’ll appear by my side. And every time I look over, I swear to god it’s glowing.

PrudenceFang BRONZE, Herriman, Utah

"Life isn't worth living unless you believe in something."

I know. I felt speechless when I read it too. It was so thoughtful, a real work of art.

Hello, the choppy grammar is something I did on purpose. Nothing needs to be perfect in poetry, and I like the flowing of the words and images.

Thank you, though!

waiting_to_be_found GOLD, Conifer, Colorado
Okay, the idea is really good, and your descriptions are good as well! It needs a bit of editing, but i really life it.

PrudenceFang BRONZE, Herriman, Utah

I love it! It makes me think. When I read this, I think about lost friends. You obviously put a lot of effort into it. Well done.

J. Rae said...

Wow! THAT WAS AWESOME! 

You left out some commas in the first sentance though.

CanYouSeeTheCrazy PLATINUM, Cle Elum, Washington

"I know why everyone in this world is so desperate to find love."
"Oh yeah? Why then?"
"Because, it's the closest thing we have to magic."

oh my god! i'm speechless!! this is wonderful!!! =D