Silent Hall | Teen Ink

Silent Hall

April 7, 2010
By THEIMPACT77 BRONZE, Florence, Kentucky
THEIMPACT77 BRONZE, Florence, Kentucky
4 articles 0 photos 22 comments

Favorite Quote:
I WILL NOT BOW


The hall is silent and i am scared. a million thoughts run through my mind. Am i the last person alive? Where is everyone? As i walk down this silent hall, i hear a noise that gives me some hope. Its the sound of laughter. Its coming from the end of the hallway. I run to it and open a door but i see no people. I can still hear the laughter but where are the people? I search around the room, trying to find the source. The laughter is coming from everywhere. There has to be a speaker somewhere around here. The laughter fades and then there is silence. The hall is silent and now i am angry. what did i do to deserve this? im a good kid. i never did anything wrong. Wait, could it be because of, no it cant be. But what if it is? what if this is my punishment for it? I shout, I scream, i beg for forgivness, but the hall is silent and now i am lonely. no human company, no one to talk to, just the silent hall.i think i might go insane. Oh no its the laughter again. i pull myself from where i had collapsed and lurch towards the sound. i think its coming from a speaker. i open a door and lord behold i see two people. i weep for i am now not alone. its a man and a woman. they are laughing and having a good time. i speak to them. they dont notice. i reach for the man. my hand passes through him. i do the same with the woman. same outcome. i weep again but these tears are not for joy but sadness. i rush out of the room and run to the end of the hall. i burst through the exit and think i am free. but no i am not. there is another hallway. in fact it is the same hallway. i know this because i stick my head through the door and see my face on the other end of the hall.
the hall is silent and i am scared. someone please help me.