Born a Dreamer | Teen Ink

Born a Dreamer

December 16, 2009
By sarah.lamphier GOLD, Park City, Utah
sarah.lamphier GOLD, Park City, Utah
15 articles 0 photos 2 comments

There once was a little girl.
She was born into a small family somewhere in the mountains where there seemed to be a hole in the sky.
Her parents decided call her Sarah.
She was always a little bit shy, a little too afraid.

Rather than playing with the other kids, she chose to sit and sing to herself in the corner.
Always a little bit distant.
She loved the idea of seeing new sights, and meeting new people.
Not scared of change, a daydreamer, an optimist.
Always staring out the windows, forcing her head out of the box, and into the clouds.

She was always the girl who never quite fit in with the others, never as talented, never as beautiful.
Somewhere in the mix of growing up, she started to dream, and dream.
But just like everybody else, she was forced to climb walls she didn't desire, as her family broke apart.
But, she also knew that it would all get better someday.

As she pushed her brain to the side, she let her heart take the reigns.
She started allowing herself to believe she can do anything.
She started to listen to different music, she started to sing, and she started to dream even bigger.
Not as confident as some of the others, she felt she wasn't good enough.
And this story, is to be continued...