Lost, Forgotten, and Dead Without Each Other | Teen Ink

Lost, Forgotten, and Dead Without Each Other

September 25, 2009
By Mystery_Girl SILVER, Lake, Michigan
Mystery_Girl SILVER, Lake, Michigan
8 articles 6 photos 86 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Love me or Hate me"......"Me Vs. The World and the World is Winning"......"When the going gets tough the tough get going".


The dark cold ground beneath me crunches with every step. I faintly remember how I got here. I remember it was a sad day. The sky was ash black. He was beside me. His dark, warm arm wrapping around my waist. Pulling me closer. His soft, dark eyes scanning the horizon. I remember the murmur of "goodbye" and "I love you" leaving his soft, pink lips. I also remember tears flowing out of my eyes rhythmically. Tears welling up in his eyes. But not falling.
Us never falling in our love. Never falling in life. Never falling from each other. But leaving. I remember we had to leave each other.
Then it all goes blank. All memory. I do not remember where I was before that moment or after that moment. I just remember that moment.
Now I am here. On a cold, dark path. Alone. Lost. Confused. Where is he? He said he would never leave. Or was it I? Where am I? Did I leave him?
Or is he lost on a similar cold path? Walking the oppostie direction. Did we leave each other? I guess I need answers.
I turn around to see a mirror. The moment is being played like a movie. I blink. And it is showing me why I am where I am.
He's dead! I gasp. I scream in horror. And I watch myself die in the mirror of reality. Without him I am nothing. Without me he is nothing.
And now, we are both lost, forgotten, and dead.

The author's comments:
I was inspried to write this when my best friend, and boyfriend had to leave each other. Forever.