Octopuses are taking over the world! | Teen Ink

Octopuses are taking over the world!

January 25, 2023
By Ananyaguha PLATINUM, Bhopal, Other
Ananyaguha PLATINUM, Bhopal, Other
24 articles 44 photos 32 comments

Favorite Quote:
“If they strain me up tight, why, let 'em look out! I can't bear it, and I won't.” ---- Black Beauty


The North coast of Britain gets attacked by an army of Octopuses

 

On January 13, 2078, at 7:00 am IST, an army of Octopuses assaulted the North Coast of Britain. The towns of Arnside and Beaumaris received the brunt of the impact. The reporters have been told by the people that they had seen the Octopuses carrying laser guns! Two octopuses had broken into a fisherman's house. Luckily no one was injured badly. The fisherman's wife and son escaped from the back door of their house. The fisherman has sustained a small sprain in his ankle. "They were bigger than normal octopuses," said the fisherman, Garry Jackson. "They were carrying laser guns and they were not ignorant of the fact that they were battling humans."

Scientists are doing research on why this is happening. However, they haven't found anything so far. "We think that this sudden change in the physic and mind of the octopuses is the result of some sudden change in their genes. We are not sure yet," said Zack Wilson, the HOD of the Genetics Department in Astro Science Agency, London.


For conducting the research, underwater drones will be sent out for the research. They have been specially designed to scan the the internal parts of only an octopus from a good distance. They will be sending the drones out to Beaumaris and further after two days, as that's where the first wave of attack came. These drones will be inspecting the ocean for two full weeks.


Till then the people have to take care of their own safety. The government has also taken some steps to protect the people, like putting high and strong metal barriers on the coastal towns, although there isn't any guarantee that it will stop the octopuses. Scientists have said it would be better if people lessen their tours to the coast and beaches be excluded from tourism packages. All the coastal town people are requested to inform any government agency or any police station nearby if they see any suspicious activities. People are advised to stay inside till further notice.


The author's comments:

It's a comedy in which the story is written in the format of a news article. It's humorous as well as shows the power of newspapers!