Stone Made of Glass | Teen Ink

Stone Made of Glass

December 7, 2022
By LaAnnie08 GOLD, Dedham, Maine
LaAnnie08 GOLD, Dedham, Maine
10 articles 4 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain!” -Dolly Parton


Stone Made of Glass

9/19/22

 

Almost as if I was reliving it, I could recall the memory clear as the pain itself. We were fledglings leaping from the nest, halfway there. Such youth, such rawness, such beauty. 

The older days were full of wonder and flight, art was bountiful. I was merely three yet I took your hand and knew you, you were the one for me. The word turned from stone to bright, bright colors bursting from the seams. Brightness, almost too much I felt it everywhere I went, with you. Then it was a smile, a laugh it was suffocating, even now, the light still lingered. Describing you would be impossible but the word angelic suited you. From the lift of a finger to your sweet smell of December. I wish it was me who set you free, to be the other half, to please younger me. But I was not her. I could never satisfy your needs. 

I noticed the moment you gazed upon her, you lingered in her essence alone. She  smelled of blooming flowers and heavy morning dew. As she walked along in her white angel dress you hung in her radiance as long as you could. As soon as she appeared she whisked away only then did you awaken from your daze. At that moment a feeling sizzled on my skin and lit my soul ablaze. A sinister thought, an evil display appeared in my mind and led me astray. Yet when you looked back at me my mind returned to calm, leaving only a gentle wind that whisked along. Though I wished for days of endless bliss, perhaps a hug or even a kiss. None of my would come true for it was not the end of her and you. 

Days and nights you spent tightly bound to her every move, smile and laugh. She was your other half, your right wing. How could I so easily be thrown to the ground to wallow in the high ground of her. I never would have fallen in love until I met you, you saved me. Yet here I lay as you left me to the rain. A statue of beauty carved by your hands so tall and strong, broken like glass, so alone and in pain. 

Left to the garden of eternal torment a broken figure made to eternally search for what was missing.

However if I was too forever linger in such a doleful and despairing prison, I wouldn’t be alone. From you I took, the person I gave so much. I would take what you loved the most, her.


The author's comments:

I really enjoyed writing this piece, I might continue it later on