the lights on the tree | Teen Ink

the lights on the tree

December 30, 2020
By SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont
SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont
200 articles 23 photos 1053 comments

Favorite Quote:
"It Will Be Good." (complicated semi-spiritual emotional story.)

"Upon his bench the pieces lay
As if an artwork on display
Of gears and hands
And wire-thin bands
That glisten in dim candle play." -Janice T., Clockwork[love that poem, dont know why, im not steampunk]


A thousand tiny stars twinkled on evergreen sky, a thousand tiny stories, waiting to be told. Some green tales, some stories of blue. A few yellow stars, many white storys. Most of all were the red lights. They dream of the red blood of Christ, twinkle for joy of salvation. The green stories tell of the wise men of old, walking across grass and under palm trees, to give the first gifts, and the lights shone bright. The white lights sung of snowflakes blowing, blowing in the winter wind. The yellow stars pretend they are huge, hovering above Bethlehem long before their factory home. The blue lights tell how shepherds tears blue, shining for joy now reflecting within. The evergreen home told how Christ lived forever, proudly boasting ‘i do to’. The ornaments spoke of orbs of gold, frankincense, or mer, ignorant of what they actually looked like. The angel on top spoke of days yore, where Gabriel visited Mary to tell her the gift, the greatest gift, of which the jade presents below could never achieve, of Christ, the eternal gift.