Just a little something cute. | Teen Ink

Just a little something cute.

By Sage_Black BRONZE, New Orleans, Louisiana
Sage_Black BRONZE, New Orleans, Louisiana

A young woman wearing a black poodle skirt with a white button-down and black scarf tied loosely around her neck walked down the colorful café and milkshake stop filled streets. She seems to be around the age of twenty, with her wrinkle-free complection and the way she jauntily skipped down the street, white pumps clicking down the sidewalk, on her way to her next destination. Even she knows not where her final destination lies in her life. She is just a wanderer, but on this day in particular, she knew exactly where she’s going. She's going to a party at one of the fanciest hotels in the area.

Upon her arrival at the hotel, her gal pals surrounded her in a fit of giggles and more poodle skirts.

“Kathy, Kathy, Kathy! Look at all of the greasers that showed up! Maybe one of them will, i dunno, ask you out.” the woman’s friend, Linda exclaimed, wiggling her eyebrows.

“I, for one, wouldn’t be opposed, especially if it was him,” Kathleen replied coyly, smiling at her friend, while subtly pointing to a boy across the dance floor.

His sandy hair, slicked back into a small, effortless quiff framed his face perfectly, and his eyes were the color of the Ocean, so deep, and mysterious. His eyes made him seem like he was carrying the weight of the world on his broad, leather jacket clad shoulders. His freckles were scattered across the bridge of his nose and sharp cheekbones like confetti. To say the least, he was perfect for Kathy’s next frisky night in the hotel room.

She stared at him with such intense desire, and the moment he looked up at her and caught her staring, he shot her a little wink accompanied with a single finger gun pointed toward her. He bounded up to Kathy from his position by the drink table.

“Punch, for the dolly,” he said.

“Why thank you, kind sir,” exclaimed Linda, outstretching her hand for the vibrant red beverage.

“Actually,” he said, not taking his eyes off of Kathleen, “I was talking to your friend.”

“Flattered,” Kathy replied,  snatching the sparkling red beverage from mystery man’s outstretched hand. She downed the drink like it was a shot of tequila. “Shall we,” Kathy asked, slamming the brilliant crystal glass onto the table the small group surrounded.

“We shall,” mystery man replied as he took Kathy’s hand and led her to the dance floor.

Its set circa the 1950s