A Twisted Tooth Fairly Tale | Teen Ink

A Twisted Tooth Fairly Tale

November 1, 2018
By milap SILVER, Lemont, Illinois
milap SILVER, Lemont, Illinois
8 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"It takes nothing away from a human to be kind to an animal."
By~ Joaquin phoenix


Ugh! I could not believe the nerve of some people. Who closes their windows when they know tooth fairy is coming? The window  weighs a ton compared to my two inch fairy form. What I would do to be in my full fairy form right now. The prejudice of fairies always being in there working form is so annoying, like why would I always be two inches tall?? I can proudly tell you that I’m four inches tall, thank you very much.  I finally open the window, and ugggh. The room overpoweringly smells like hairspray and perfume, gross. I flutter around and and try to pick up the ping of the tooth on my tooth-o-meter. I pick the ping of the tooth under her pillow, and I start to descend so I can land on her bed. Just as I land, she moves. First I saw her large emerald jewels of eyes, then I felt the pain. My wing, my left wing to be exact has been ripped off. No. no. no. I have three majors problems. One, I was already on thin ice with my boss ( the Queen), and now I won't be able to finish my tooth orders for the rest of the night. Two, my wing is ripped off and I won't be able to fly into tooth-fairy-landia to go home to get my wing repared. Three, I won’t be able to repair my wing by myself without sprinkling glitter on me (I hate glitter). I can not see UV rays or I won’t heal. So basically I’m stuck in a house, with and possible animal, kids and parents for twelve hours until I can get my wing back. How am I supposed to find a dark room, without humans going in and seeing me, or animal sniffing me out? I quickly try to to climb down the tufted ruffled pink comforter, so I can find a place that will be dark during the day and not frequently visited by the humans. I try to walk across her room but the plush pink carpet is making me sink in like quick sand. I around and see where would be a good hiding spot for me, but I don’t see anything in this room that could work. Her room looks like someone threw up pink all over it. I walk over to see the large round gold disks attached with ribbon at the top, it’s inscribed with wording. The take out my fairy translator two thousand and scan the shiny circle. A name pops up, “Savannah Magnolia, beauty queen pageant, first place regional winner”. I look around the room and it makes sense. No child in their right mind would want a hot fuchsia pink room with glitter and hair extensions all over. I have to get out of this room looking at all the pink is making me sick. I crawl from under her door and look around. I want to crawl back in her room, it was better than the catastrophe of the rest of the house. The house has pink floral wallpaper, and the ugliest hot flamingo carpet and glitter wall borders. I am getting hives by just by looking at the house. The colors totally clash with my complexion, not to mention my color scheme. I walk into room that is covered in pink porcelain structures. There is a large dome bowl with water in it, a large oval that is hollow, and weird looking furry think on the floor. I look around and think “This could be a good place to hide”. As I look around I see a long rectangle object and has a  opening like a door and decide to hide in there. 9 hours pass. I have been sitting in the same place for hours and jumping at every sound of the night. The little room that I am sitting in smells like mint, from some wired blue liquid that says “ Polar Blast Mouthwash”, and has tooth bushes everywhere.  How do these people have toothbrushes? Only the Queen Fairy has them, and they are extremely rare. Are they royalty? I hear movement in the hallway, and see a bright flash of light that blinds me. I see some movement. Then the door to the room I was in opens. I quickly lay down flat and pretend im dead. I hear a shrill voice with a southern drawl “Momma, why is there a ugly doll under my sink cabinet.”  I hear a sleepy response that sounds like a older replica of the one I just heard. “ I ain’t putting no dolls in your cabinet. You need to stop making up lies for attention. You need to focus on pageants and your singing, Savannah.” Savannah that's the same name that was on the shiny disks, what it the little girls name that broke my wing? “ I swear momma it’s a doll and its giving me the creeps, it looks like a goth barbie trying to be a fairy. But she’s got a wing thats missing.”  I do not look like a barbie! I have my own sense of style and my own unique taste! Just because I wear black does not mean I’m “Goth”. “ Well honey if it is bothering you, throw it out.”  the mother said. No! If I leave this room I could see the sun. I could not afford going into the sun, I only have a hour left until my wing will fully grow in and heal. “ No mommy, I think I am going to keep her. She seems like a good aiming target for my new Valentines day pageant act. Shooting Cupids Bowen arrow!”.....

 

     The End


The author's comments:

I love to read, and write! This piece was written as a school assignmnet, for a creative writeing class.