Hot Lava | Teen Ink

Hot Lava

By MVReverie GOLD, Arlington, Texas
MVReverie GOLD, Arlington, Texas

I can't drown my demons; they know how to swim.

The ground was red hot, bubbles of steam and molten rock were flying up. I had to be careful. I jumped onto the rock. It was getting closer now! I had to hurry! I looked over to my friend, and he wasn’t doing good either. He almost slipped. “Jay!” I screamed. He got back up carefully. I gulped. The next rock was so far away. I-I had to jump! I had to!

I jumped! I hit against a wall of rock and nearly fell! I slowly got my balance back, and I sighed in relief. But then—I saw the next rock! It was so far away! I thought about what to do. Then I heard Jay. He screamed as he fell off the rock and into the lava. I tried to go to him, but he was already gone! “JAY!” I screamed.

Then Mommy came into the room. “Avery, James! What’s wrong? I heard screaming.” I got off my bed, and helped Jay off the floor.

“Nothing, Mommy! We were just playing!”

Saturn. BRONZE said...
Saturn. BRONZE, Las Vegas, Nevada

"The mind is better than the sword"
-Unknown (I'm too lazy to look it up)
"All warfare is based on deception"
-Sun Tzu

Oh my goodness (sees the ending) Oh my. This is so cool, it could kill a person if suspense and fear could kill.

Matsumi SILVER said...
Matsumi SILVER, Salinas, California
I love this! I totally remember doing the same thing with my sister. Great job. :)