Survival in Cyprus | Teen Ink

Survival in Cyprus

October 5, 2014
By EbruKurt BRONZE, Kings Mountain, North Carolina
EbruKurt BRONZE, Kings Mountain, North Carolina
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

It was a week after the five close friends graduated from university with success. Sophia and Cameron graduated from the medical field. Hannah and Adam both studied sociology, and Gabriel was interested in becoming an electronic technician. Hannah, Adam, Cameron, Sophia, and Gabriel were planning on going to Paris to celebrate their success. They wanted to get out of Australia and have some fun in Paris. They met at Sophia and Hannah’s house to make detailed plan about their vacation. Hannah and Sophia lives together, while the boys each have their own houses.
Gabriel said, “I can stop by the airport tomorrow and buy the tickets.”
The next day Gabriel went to the airport to buy the tickets from the Australian Airlines.
“Hi, I need to buy five tickets to Paris,” said Gabriel.
“We have a flight to Paris on June 13, which is two days later. Is that okay?” the lady asked.
“What is the exact time for this flight?” asked Gabriel.
The lady said, “The exact time and date for this flight is June 13, 2011 at 7:45 A.M.”
“Alright that’s good,” said Gabriel.
“So, what are the names of the passengers?” the lady asked.
“Sophia Smith, Hannah White, Adam Brown, Cameron Young, and Gabriel Turner,” said Gabriel. “And here are the passports.”
What takes them too long? They had two days to pack-up and get ready.” Gabriel said.
“We’re ready.” said Hannah, while they were walking towards Cameron’s car.
“Finally,” Gabriel said boredly.
“Alright, we need to go. We only have an hour to go to the airport and check-in.” Adam said.
They finally arrived to the airport, after thirty minutes of driving. They all checked-in and went through the security. They also found out that their gate number was 113.  They were sitting on chairs, when they heard the announcement about their flight. The announcement said:
“Good afternoon passengers. This is the boarding announcement for flight AA018 to Paris. We are to begin boarding at this time. Please have your boarding pass and ID ready. Thank you.”
They’ve been flying for 12 hours, when the airplane started to shake and feel unsteady. All of the passengers were looking worried and frightened. The flight attendant made an announcement about this. The announcement said:
“There is nothing to be worried about. We’re just having some mechanical issues, and it will be fixed soon. Everybody fasten your seat belt and remain seated, until I make another announcement. Thank you.”
While Gabriel and Cameron were trying to remain calm, Sophia, Hannah, and Adam were getting even more frightened every time the plane was shaking. Gabriel checked the screen in front of him, and saw that they were in Cyprus. The flight attendant made another announcement. In this announcement, she gave the bad news and the directions for what to do, since it was an emergency. The last thing they heard before they hit the ground were the directions that were given by the flight attendant.
Gabriel was the first person to regain consciousness after the accident. He tried to get up, but his left arm was injured. He heard another voice, a familiar one. It didn’t take him too long to figure out that it’s Sophia’s voice. He started yelling her name. “Sophia! Sophia!”
Sophia heard her name from a familiar voice. She tried to lift her head, but she couldn’t because of her injured shoulder. She recognized the voice.
She said, “Gabriel? Is that you?”
“Yes. Are you ok?” Gabriel replied and tried to stand up, which he was successful at. He walked over to where Sophia was laying.
“Yeah. I’m okay. I just need a little help to get up.” replied Sophia.
Gabriel picked her up slowly, while he was also paying attention to her injured shoulder. As soon as Gabriel picked her up, they heard another voice crying for help. It was Adam. They found him, but his right leg was injured. They helped him up, and started looking for Cameron and Hannah. They finally found Hannah and Cameron lying side by side. They were dead. Sophia suggested to look for a first aid kit. She said that she might be able to do something about their injury, since she graduated from the medical field.
They got out of the plane and started walking towards the forest, after Sophia treated their injury. They didn’t forget to take the first aid kit with them, just in case something happened in the forest. They started hearing weird noises from the forest. Sophia was getting scared.
She said, “Are you hearing the same noises that I am hearing?”
“It’s probably an animal.” said Gabriel bravely.
“What if it’s a creature? What if it’s coming after us and what if it’s more than one? What if they want to kill us?” said Adam looking very frightened.
“Shut up, Adam. Stop making up scenarios.” Gabriel said.
They all stopped walking, when they saw a shadow passing in front of them. As soon as they saw the shadow, Adam was pulled back and was literally floating in air with an invisible creature holding him. This creature was only visible when he didn’t stand in front of something white. They could actually see the parts of the creature’s body, because they were in the middle of a forest where everything was almost green and brown. All parts of Adam’s body started bleeding. Sophia and Adam started running as fast as they could, because they knew that they couldn’t do anything to save Adam, but they needed to save their own lives. They thought that they were safe, after running for about ten minutes. They were wrong. As soon as they stopped running, Sophia’s arm was sliced into two pieces. She started to scream because of the pain on her arm. Sophia started to cry and scream at the “invisible creatures”, as if they were going to listen to her. They started to run again.
Sophia and Adam were getting tired and hopeless, after about twenty minutes of running. They started running slower and slower, and they were losing their hope. After running for about five more minutes, they saw a cabin. They knew that it was their last and only hope to save themselves from the creatures. They walked into the cabin, and saw that it’s full of weapons and broken things. Adam and Sophia knew that they were in danger, unless the creatures were dead. So, they both got some guns and tried to see where the creatures were, before they walked out of the cabin. They saw that there are about seven of them. They walked out of the cabin and started shooting them one by one. They were safe! Once they made sure that all of the creatures were dead, they came back to the cabin, and started to observe what’s in there. He found a broken phone.
“Look, Sophia! Look at what I’ve found!” he said enthusiastically.
“You found a broken  phone, and you’re happy about it?” Sophia replied.
“Remember which field I studied in university? I’m becoming an electronic technician, Sophia. I know how to fix a broken phone.” said Gabriel.
It was about thirty minutes after Gabriel started working on the broken phone.
“Are you sure you’re going to be able to fix that?” asked Sophia boredly.
“Yes, I’ll be done in about five minutes.” said Gabriel.
It was five minutes later, when Gabriel said, “I’m done! We’re getting out of here!”
“We are free!” screamed Sophia happily.
They called the cops for help. When the cops arrived, they were sent back to their country with a helicopter. They started this journey with five people, but only two of them were able to survive.