The Chipotle Burrito | Teen Ink

The Chipotle Burrito

By Master_Dylan_Bishop GOLD, Beaumont, California
Master_Dylan_Bishop GOLD, Beaumont, California

"If I had a flower for every time I thought of you...I could walk through my garden forever.” ― Alfred Tennyson

Mackenzie and I sat at a Chipotle, she had just ordered a chicken burrito and so did I. We talked for a while but I couldn't shake the feeling that something here seemed wrong. The workers had that evil look in their eyes and the whole restaurant was silent. Suddenly, our burritos started to rumble in our baskets. We both sprung up and backed away from the rumbling burritos. Just then, the burritos flew into the air and exploded. The burning ingredients barely missed us as I had a split second to tackle Mackenzie to the ground. The cashier yelled with complete rage and five cooks came charging out from the kitchen with knives in their hands. I looked at Mackenzie and nodded, she knew what we had to do. We both instantly transformed into our superhero outfits and Mackenzie (who was now Tortilla Chip Girl) flew into action. She flew through the air and grabbed one cook. She spun the cook around and flung him into two other cooks, which knocked out all three cooks she faced. I ran towards one cook and dropkicked him and then I sprung up as I nailed the other cook in the gut. I grabbed his head and knocked him out cold with my knee.

"Are you all right, Tortilla Chip Girl?" I asked. She laughed at my question and munched on a few tortilla chips nearby. "Well, I guess you are…" I mumbled. I noticed that the whole restaurant was empty and it had become silent again. "Doesn't this seem too easy for you, Tortilla Chip Girl?" I asked but she was too busy focusing on her tortilla chips. I sighed and walked up to her, "Stop that!" I firmly spoke as I took the bag from her. "Hey!" She yelled as she ripped the bag from my hands. As we were arguing about the chips, the cashier broke into maniacal laughter. We both turned our attention to the cashier as she pulled out this glass bottle with green liquid inside. She smashed the glass bottle onto a burrito and it appeared to mutate. The whole restaurant shook as the burrito started to outgrow the restaurant. The citizens around this area scattered in fear and ran but we stayed behind to fight.

Tortilla Chip Girl and I flew out of the restaurant as the huge mutated burrito broke through the ceiling and toppled down the restaurant. The huge burrito rolled towards us as it attempted to crush us both! I pushed Tortilla Chip Girl out of the way and was flattened underneath the burrito! "Nacho Macho Man! Nooooo!" Tortilla Chip Girl cried out. Before the tears fell, the huge burrito was lifted off the ground and tossed through another building nearby. I crumbled back down to my knees as the weight of the huge burrito took all my strength. Tortilla Chip Girl cheered but was immediately silenced by a roar that shook the city. The huge burrito stood above the building and it started firing guacamole down upon us. A spot of guacamole hit my arm and it burned straight through. I screamed with agony and cried out, "My only weakness!" The huge burrito laughed at me as it shot out a huge ball of guacamole. Tortilla Chip Girl cried out and dove in front of me in attempt to save me. She built up a wall of tortilla chips but the impact of the guacamole ball was too much. It crashed through the tortilla chip wall and exploded all over Tortilla Chip Girl. She hit me like a cannonball and I went barreling through several buildings.

The huge burrito jumped down and stood before Mackenzie, who was knocked right back into her human form. The huge burrito opened up and razor sharp tortilla chips were shown. I was stepping out of the debris when I witnessed the huge burrito leaning down to devour Mackenzie. I summoned nachos and gulped them down with a swift motion. The nachos restored my strength and I dug deep down as a picked up the largest piece of rubble I could find. I lifted the rubble over my head and launched it at the huge burrito. The rubble tore straight through the core of the huge burrito and it screamed with agony as the ingredients poured out.

I sprinted for Mackenzie because if those ingredients fell upon her when she was in human form, it would instantly burn her alive. I grabbed a piece of flat rubble and leaped over Mackenzie, deflecting the burning ingredients away from her. The huge burrito continued to cry in agony until it stumbled back and collapsed into the buildings behind it. I threw the flat piece of rubble away and turned towards Mackenzie, who was now Tortilla Chip Girl again as she stood on her feet. We rushed towards each other and gave a high five of victory. The cashier from before came out of the toppled down Chipotle and offered us a chicken burrito. Tortilla Chip Girl laughed at this foolish offer, took the chicken burrito and chucked it at the cashier. The chicken burrito exploded and the cashier was covered in guacamole.

"It looks like she was… Guacamoled!" I laughed hysterically as Tortilla Chip Girl just stared at me with disapproval. "This is why you're not a comedian." She smirked. She grabbed the bag of chips from earlier and started to walk off down the street. "Wait! How is that bag of chips not destroyed?" I asked as I rushed up beside her. She shrugged and shoved the chips in her mouth as we continued to walk. "So… Uh… Do you want to go to Chipotle for lunch?! We didn't get to eat." I sarcastically asked. She crumbled up the bag and threw it at my face. "I'll take that as a no… Oh well…" I muttered. We both took off into the sky as we flew towards the sun and went to save the rest of the city. Crime and burritos will never take a rest and neither will we.

This is a fictional story about my best friend and I... We both love Chipotle and came up with superhero alter egos. I hope you enjoy this silly story.