thomas the fire fighter | Teen Ink

thomas the fire fighter

Thomas the fire figher

The angry siren sounded, snapping him into action. Thomas ran outside, jumped into his truck and took off to the fire station. He is a volunteer fire fighter and a fire has been reported at the Centerville high school. He was flying to the fire station and once he got there he hurried and threw on his fire suit and helmet. Once the fire department got there Thomas seen all the kids running out of the school to the YMCA.

They pulled up front and pretty much every cop in centerville was at the school, they told the fire fighters that the fire was coming from the teachers lounge. Thomas took off as fast as he could go to the teachers lounge. When he entered the building there was a ton of smoke and he could barley see, all of a sudden he looked up and seen the fire. He grabbed the fire extinguisher and sprayed it directly at the fire. The fire quickly went out and he ran back outside to tell everybody he got the fire out.

They let the smoke clear out until they went back in, by opening the doors and windows. After a couple hours Thomas went back inside with the fire crew and seen all the damage. Come to find out that the fire was caused by a outlet in the wall that shorted out and caught the couch on fire. The school immediately started looking for someone to clean all the smoke damage, so they found a outfit that showed up. The total estimate for cleaning the whole school was 300,000 dollars.

The reason it was so much they had to put all new ceiling tiles in and clean all the carpet and paint the walls. The main air system ended up sucking up all the smoke and causing smoke damage to the whole school. The ceiling tiles ended up soaking up the smoke like a sponge. The next day they had people help clean the school and Thomas was there helping. He helped cut all the new ceiling tiles and painted the walls.

School was out for three days because it wasn’t safe for the kids to come back to school so they was rushing to hurry and get it done in time. Thomas spent most of his time painting the walls. They finally got it all done. Right when they thought they knew how it started it ended up being a 14 year old kid involved in the fire also. The kid got sent off to a juvenile home for a year.

He come back and all the teachers was worried about him coming back so they kept a close eye one him. One teacher thought he was acting really weird so they followed him around. They followed him into the bathroom and there he was he had a 5 gallon tank of gas and he was pouring it out and he had a lighter. All of the sudden the kid seen the teacher and bam...... fire went everywhere and the kid took out of the window.

They tried stopping him but he jumped anyway. The teachers scrambled to find a fire extinguisher and where it use to be the kid took it out of the window with him. The fire alarm was going off and kids was running to the ymca just like they did the last time. This time they shut all the air system off. Once they got over to the ymca Thomas got called to the fire again. He took off to the fire station. He went off to the school. Once they got there he looked and seen the kid who started it running away from the seen. Thomas jumped out of the fire truck while it was going and took off after the kid. Thomas started caught up to the kid and all of a sudden the kid fell and thomas jumped on him. He held him down until the cops finally come and arrested him and he want to prison.