Blood | Teen Ink

Blood

November 7, 2013
By Chriszyca Soth BRONZE, Lansdale, Pennsylvania
Chriszyca Soth BRONZE, Lansdale, Pennsylvania
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Dmitri’s warm breath smelled like spearmint. Clouds puffed out of his mouth when the cold air surrounded his face. He stared into the dark blue midnight with fiery eyes and I could see the adrenaline rushing through his body, pulsing through his veins, encasing him in a delirious bubble of arrogance.
”Tonight, you have to kill.”
He grabbed me with a burning hand, and guided me across the gravel rooftop to the black gun. Three and a half feet of frozen metal pressed up against my shoulder, biting through my coat and into my skin. Leaning forward and squinting from the arctic breeze, I gently put a bare index finger on the trigger and I felt Dmitri’s ebony hair press against my face as he came up next to me. His lean body radiated warmth, enveloping me in an aura of supernatural heat. I felt the familiar rose color creeping up on my cheeks. I felt a nervousness so overwhelming, that it was almost hard to breathe.
And that’s when the brightly lit window, framed with pupil-less cherubs, opened.
My body tensed up, my finger became as rigid as the marble that made up the Hotel Ledová Bou?e. I pressed the frozen trigger and heard the tiny crack as the bullet whistled across the empty space between us and the hotel, heading towards the target’s forehead. I could almost picture it, the bullet hitting his white flesh point blank, the force making his body jerk backwards while velvet spilled from his head and onto the beige carpeting. I could almost see his face, soulless, dead, slightly tilted on his cheek with those warm, crimson fluids dripping from the corners of his mouth.
I heard Dmitri’s deranged laughter as I got up from the gravel and stared at the spots of red staining the window. But, his insanity was as intoxicating as a bottle of Bacardi and I began to laugh too.
He smiled that crooked smile and took my shivering hand into his. And after picking up the rifle and slinging it over his shoulder, we began to run. ?