The Dream | Teen Ink

The Dream

October 1, 2013
By HiddevdH BRONZE, Addis Ababa, Other
HiddevdH BRONZE, Addis Ababa, Other
3 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
“That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind”
― Neil Armstrong


After having caught a few waves Emma lay down on her surfboard. Not noticing that she was slowly being dragged away from the lively coastline, she closed her eyes and thought about James. His blond surfer's haircut, blue eyes, that sexy body, as she slowly drifted in to a deep sleep.


She suddenly got woken up by the sound of vultures and seagulls swooshing around her and her surf board. She looked around, nothing, nowhere, no one to bee seen. Except a medium sized island in the middle of a cold, black, unforgiving ocean.


The white sanded island had some coconut trees close to shore. There were some small monkeys hiding from the sun under the tall palm trees. There was a mountain covered by a forest, it looked like there was a waterfall where there were some tropical trees giving shade to the burning sun.


she quickly peddled to the island. When she finally arrived she got off her surf board pulled it on to burning sand. As she ran to one of the coconut trees as all the wild life shot away into trees and bushes. She climbed up a tree where she riped off three coconuts. She slowly climbed back down the tree and cracked the coconuts open quickly drinking the refreshing, pure milk. She ate the coconut meet while thinking what the hell happened and how she ended up on this god forsaken island.


“How am I going to get off?” she thought to herself, “How am I going to survive?” she whispered as she realized how screwed she was. When she had enough coconut she hopped through the burning sand to her surfboard, used it to scrape off the the top of the sand layer so that she wouldn't burn because of the heat of it. She took off her bikini and lay down so that she could get a tan while she planned her escape. But because of the heat she slowly drifted in to a sleep.


She suddenly got woken up by the sound of sea gulls, so she looked around but there was nothing to be seen but a white sanded island...