Web of Lies | Teen Ink

Web of Lies

April 17, 2012
BalladOfMonaLisa PLATINUM, Na, Other
24 articles 0 photos 65 comments

Favorite Quote:
To love and to be loved; to hurt and to be hurt. These are the ideals that make up humanity. ~Me (Lisa)


Amethyst Serena Smith was a seventeen year old girl. She had just started college at BYU, Utah, and she was already well known. She had golden-blond hair a little past her waist, sky-blue eyes, and creamy smooth skin, yet she didn't act at all vain or self-important. She was, as some might say, a perfect little angel.

Amethyst walked down the pristine halls of Brigham Young University, and smiled at everyone she passed. Most of the receivers were pleasantly surprised to find such an attractive young lady being so kind. They were used to the snooty attitudes of the majority of the teen population that was unfortunately only increasing. Amy was like a shining golden blossom that brought out the good in everyone else.

She strolled into her first class, which happened to be over creative writing. She walked straight to a girl with mousy hair, freckles, and glasses, and hugged her. "Hi, Melissa!", she exclaimed. "It is fabulous to see you! I'm so glad we got scheduled to have creative writing at the same time. It will be just like out junior high years together."


The author's comments:
This is the beginning of a book I have started writing. If you have any suggestions, please let me know! :)