The Sun-Dappled Warrior | Teen Ink

The Sun-Dappled Warrior

By Adenrav SILVER, Albany, New York
Adenrav SILVER, Albany, New York

"War is peace" "Freedom is ls slavery"
-George Orwell

He stood tall and proud over the body-strewn battlefield. His long brown hair streamed out from the back of his elegantly crafted gold helmet. His peridot-adorned breastplate gleamed with an almost unearthly type of look. He drew his sword from its scabbard with a hiss, not unlike the hissing of an angered snake or the sound a hot pan makes when exposed to the burning cold of water. As for the sword it was not much unlike the scabbard of which it came, ruby-encrusted all down the blade to the carefully crafted hilt. It gleamed like his green eyes, bright and alert. He had sharp features, a forest of stubble marred them slightly. High tan cheekbones accompanied by his deep penetrating green eyes made him look as if a single look could be a deathblow. Even in the darkest nox he shone in some way. He was The Sun-Dappled Warrior.

I wrote this in a descriptive short story class.

Adenrav SILVER said...
Adenrav SILVER, Albany, New York

"War is peace" "Freedom is ls slavery"
-George Orwell

thanks! so much

Adenrav SILVER said...
Adenrav SILVER, Albany, New York

"War is peace" "Freedom is ls slavery"
-George Orwell

thanks so much! i written a few other shorts that take place right after this so ill post them soon

Myvoice4change SILVER, Other, Other

"Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end."

Very descriptive, and alot of detail! :) It sounds like the beginning of an exciting tale.

Hazel-daisy GOLD, --, Other

It takes a lot of courage to show your dreams to someone else - Erna Bombeck

In three words i can sum up everything I've learned in life: it goes on -Robert Frost

Live, Love, Laugh - ______

Hope, Love, breathe <3 - Me

i really like this, its really desciptive and i like the way it written! well done :)

Shawnakat101 GOLD, Fremont, Nebraska

"To be free like a ribbon in the wind" - shawna " Every man dies, but not every man really lives" William Wallace

I really like this story, it was very intresting ^.^ i hope you begin to write more! :D

SomethingCalledTerra SILVER, Budd Lake, New Jersey

"Pain is temporary, quitting lasts forever"

-Lance Armstrong

-

This story is great! I would LOVE to see a full story about the "Sun Dappled Warrior" and his achievements

ChocoMint SILVER, Bloomington, Indiana

"Love is like swallowing hot chocolate before it has cooled off. It takes you by surprise at first, but keeps you warm for a long time." - Anonymous

"Love starts with a smile, grows with a kiss and ends with a tear." - Anonymous

This is completely genius!!! And I don't say that to everybody.  The description is amazing.  For a moment I really imagined myself standing in front of him!  Keep up the good work, you have great potential!!!