Hero in training.... | Teen Ink

Hero in training....

February 4, 2010
By Chione_Bronte SILVER, Griffith, Other
Chione_Bronte SILVER, Griffith, Other
6 articles 0 photos 9 comments

Favorite Quote:
"And so the Lion fell in love with the Lamb" - Twilight
"Oh Fang you romantic fool!" - Maximum Ride 3


The wind sailed past my face as I leapt, sumersaulting nimbly onto the creaking branch. As the wind wound its caressing fingers through my hair, I hid behind the base of the trunk and looked for my stealthy opposition. My eyes scanned across the vegetation choked plain, searching for any movement. There, amongst the willowing reeds I spotted a slash of black. It was there only for a slight second, but it was enough. Scaling the tree like a cat, I smiled smugly to myself in a moment of pure bliss. He searched for the not in the trees, but on the ground, amongust the reeds. What an idiot.
Soon I reached the top of the tree, placing my weight evenly amongst the flimsy, breakable branches. Peering out from the green hued canopy, I looked out over the reeds, searching for any sign of movement.
There, once again I saw the fleeting flash of black. It was speeding towards the perimeter of the reeds, heading right on course for my hiding spot.
Paniced I searched around for an excape route, if I headed back down the tree, I ran the risk of being discovered, which meant disqualification. But if I stayed up here, he would see me anyway and probably would try to shake me out, causin injury and months of rehabilitation. As I admitted defeat and began the long climb down, something caught my eye...
A glimmer of hope ignited in my chest, and I prepared myself to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat, or, die trying....

The author's comments:
Just a bit of free time writing, hope you like!