Hero in training.... | Teen Ink

Hero in training....

By Chione_Bronte SILVER, Griffith, Other
Chione_Bronte SILVER, Griffith, Other

"And so the Lion fell in love with the Lamb" - Twilight
"Oh Fang you romantic fool!" - Maximum Ride 3

The wind sailed past my face as I leapt, sumersaulting nimbly onto the creaking branch. As the wind wound its caressing fingers through my hair, I hid behind the base of the trunk and looked for my stealthy opposition. My eyes scanned across the vegetation choked plain, searching for any movement. There, amongst the willowing reeds I spotted a slash of black. It was there only for a slight second, but it was enough. Scaling the tree like a cat, I smiled smugly to myself in a moment of pure bliss. He searched for the not in the trees, but on the ground, amongust the reeds. What an idiot.
Soon I reached the top of the tree, placing my weight evenly amongst the flimsy, breakable branches. Peering out from the green hued canopy, I looked out over the reeds, searching for any sign of movement.
There, once again I saw the fleeting flash of black. It was speeding towards the perimeter of the reeds, heading right on course for my hiding spot.
Paniced I searched around for an excape route, if I headed back down the tree, I ran the risk of being discovered, which meant disqualification. But if I stayed up here, he would see me anyway and probably would try to shake me out, causin injury and months of rehabilitation. As I admitted defeat and began the long climb down, something caught my eye...
A glimmer of hope ignited in my chest, and I prepared myself to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat, or, die trying....

Just a bit of free time writing, hope you like!

Ceneteros2804 PLATINUM, Griffith, Other

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds.' Albert Einstein

'Why write about reality, we all know how that story ends' Me

Very interesting. This has promise even if you aren't going to continue it still has it.