Path to Nowhere | Teen Ink

Path to Nowhere

January 20, 2022
By 3jackson GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
3jackson GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
13 articles 0 photos 0 comments

In the distance, the colors of the rainbow draped across the horizon. I was surrounded by a field of flowers. The birds were chirping. Fireflies getting ready to light up the night. Not a cloud in the sky. The moon began to dance, as it slowly started to appear in the sky.

Here it was. This was it.

Two paths with completely different destinations. Both paths lead to somewhere: a path to nowhere, or the path to your dreams. 

Nothing else mattered. It all came down to this one decision. 

As I thought to myself knowing This is fate, I knew what I had to do. 

Right or left. Which was it going to be? I went down the right path, but my stomach twisted and my gut reminded me this was wrong.

As a firefly danced all around me, I began to follow it. 

I started down the left path.

This is it.

I slowly walked down the path I chose, enclosed by tall grass that rose above my head. 

I turned around to look back, but I knew that I couldn’t anymore.

Sweat began to drip down my face, as I ran towards my dreams for once, not away from them. I took the chance knowing that everything happens for a reason. This was just the beginning. Everyone will know my story.