Feedback to Silent Hill: Revelation Review | Teen Ink

Feedback to Silent Hill: Revelation Review

By skyvex1 SILVER, New York City, New York
skyvex1 SILVER, New York City, New York

"There's always a price for what you want"- Steve Perry

Silent Hill: Revelation's movie review by Ayinde Roberts summarized the movie well in terms of its plot but pointed out only 2 main flaws with the movie. As the reviewer wrote, she wasn't sure how to put into words how bad the movie was. There are many elements to a movie that make it either good or bad. What about the cinematography? What about the CG or makeup used to create the monsters? How is the dialogue non-engaging and the scenes horrible? How was the overall atmosphere of the movie? And how does the movie connect to the original game? Does it do the game justice? While a bad movie is a bad movie, there can still certain good things about it. Movie making is more than just plot, acting, and scripting. 

I personally love the Silent Hill series for its psychological horror and atmosphere which is what the games are famous for. This piece should've included a bit more detail about the game itself because someone who doesn't know much about games will think this game is just as bad as the movie. Also this article never stated the budget  which plays a huge part in a movies' result quality. I'm sure this movie had a low budget as a B-movie compared to already famous genres like super hero movies or independent films. Those genres usually get a higher budget which explains why their visuals are better than Silent Hill.