Northwestern University | Teen Ink

Northwestern University MAG

Evanston, IL: NorthwesternUniversity is a medium-size private university and home to 7,700 undergraduates in six schools. TheWeinberg College of Arts and Sciences is where a majority of students enroll. Other schools, some of thebest in the country, include: the Medill School of Journalism, the School of Speech, the School of Educationand Social Policy, the School of Music and the McCormick School of Engineering and Applied Science. Eachhas its own requirements, but it is very easy to take classes in another school.

Most classes havefewer than 27 students with a student to faculty ratio of 8:1. The campus is split; most of the sciencebuildings are on north campus and everything else on south, including residence halls.

The campusand its surroundings are beautiful with unique architecture, detail-ed landscaping and Lake Michigan. Theonly way to describe the town of Evanston is cute, with its perfect selection of stores and restaurants. Ifyou can't find what you're looking for, Chicago is only 45 minutes away and a $3 roundtrip ticket on the El.Students often use Chicago as a resource for fun and internship opportunities.

Northwestern is amember of the Big Ten Conference, one of the most competitive in the country. If your athletic skills aren'tquite up to the varsity level, there are many club and intramural sports to participate in.

If youare looking for a school that is academically challenging, but offers a good time and great surroundings, Ihighly recommend Northwestern University.

Reviewed in 2000

i love this !