The Moment My Life Changed | Teen Ink

The Moment My Life Changed

The person that has made a significant influence on my life would have to be my best friend, Chayce. There are many reasons that he has made a huge influence on my life. He was one of those people that was always able to put a smile on your face, and he was always there for you when you needed him.
Chayce was one of those friends, that if you were having a bad day, you could go to him and just talk and in no time, you were in good spirits again. I remember when I was having my going away party for Culver, he was there at the party. When he was there he was helping me get though the hard time going away from all my friends and the he was very supportive of what I was doing. On that day he lifted my spirits and made me feel better about going away to Culver. I remember once when I was having a bad day and I was at hockey with Chayce and after seeing him having fun it just brightened the moment. I just began to have fun again on the ice with him. I could just talk to him for hours about what was going on in my life and he would just sit there and listen to me and help me though the problem that I was having. He was a supportive friend!

The worst day of my life was finding out the Chayce was in a car crash and not knowing if he was killed. Later on May 13, 2006, I discovered by calling one of my other friends out that he was killed. I was devastated that my best friend was killed. The reason this has changed my life is that I see what can happen when you get in the car with someone you are unfamiliar. The man that killed Chayce had been drinking and he decide to get behind the wheel of a car and drive to go on a beer run. Chayce died on the scene and the driver survived. This was a very hard lesson for me to learn because all of his friends ended up learning the hard way when he was killed. It affected me the most because I had only seen him twice that year before he was killed. I had to remember all the good times that I had with him, so I could keep going on with my life and with more purpose because I wanted to do so much more in my life. Chayce would be and still is my inspiration for making the most out of what I encounter.
All in all, I have learned a lot from what has happened to Chayce, and it has changed my life forever. I have one thing that I will always remember him for and that is the tattoo that I had got for him after he was killed. Every time I look in the minor it reminds me what happened to him. I will never forget what he did for me. He is my guardian angel looking over me every day and helping me down the right path of life.