Business Ethics | Teen Ink

Business Ethics

When looking at today’s modern society in business with corporate scams and tax fraud etc. People have turned there eye away from business. Why some would want to pursue a career in something that has a negative image to a general public because of a few companies mistakes. They want to turn the image around although this cant be accomplished my one person. A single person and can help the cause by creating, evolving and following a form of business ethics.
Ethics involves learning what is right or wrong, and then doing the right thing -- but "the right thing" is not nearly as straightforward as stated in a great deal of business. Code of ethics describes the highest values to which the company aspires to operate. It contains the `thou salt’s. A code of ethics specifies the ethical rules of operation. Many consider emerging ethical beliefs to be state of the art legal matters an ethical guideline today is often translated to a law, regulation or rule tomorrow. Values, which guide how we ought to behave, are considered moral values. Statements around how these values are applied are sometimes called moral or ethical principles.
Business has come to be considered a management discipline, especially since the birth of the social responsibility movement. Social awareness movement raised expectations of businesses to use their massive financial and social influence to address social problems such as poverty, crime, environmental protection, equal rights, public health and improving education. The emergence of business morals is similar to other management disciplines. As commerce became more complicated, organizations came to understand they needed more guidance to ensure their dealings supported the common good and did not harm. The concept affected various things to many people, but generally it's coming to know what it right or wrong in the workplace and doing what's right.