My Name | Teen Ink

My Name

October 7, 2021
By Teelio12345 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
Teelio12345 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

 Hayden comes from my mom's side of the family. It was her last name before she married my dad.


     It came from my grandpa. I never remember being with him, but I have some baby pictures with him. He died of cancer when I was a baby. He would always go on the tube behind our boat we used to have, I have many pictures of him doing that. He never wore anything other than jeans, even on the tube he wore jean shorts. I envision him as being a very hard worker when he was still alive and well. When he became sick, it got really bad really fast. He did smoke cigarettes his whole adult life so he was taking the risk that this would happen at some point in his life.


     Hayden is not a super common name. According to the social security administration's baby names database, the population of the name Hayden is about 102,395 people. That's only .03 percent of the whole population of the United States. A unique name—for a unique person.
A color I feel represents my name best is orange. It is a bright color and brings lots of energy to things that are orange. Orange stands out to almost everyone. I also like orange because it is the color you have to wear during hunting season. Orange and Hayden both go together because they are both unique in their own way. People usually don't paint their houses orange or go and buy an orange car, so when you see a house, car, or even some people dye their hair orange, you think “woah that stands out”. My name is very unique to me and I can not see myself with any other name.


     My mom and dad actually had different opinions on what my name should have been. My dad wanted Christian Hayden Teel, and my mom wanted Hayden Christian Teel. I do not know what the deciding factor was but my mom won the argument.


     My name is a perfect fit for me. I only know of 2 other Hayden’s at arrowhead. It is a very professional name. It flows off of the tongue super easy. It is not too long or too short to where I need a nickname.


The author's comments:

I wrote this to give a little background on where my name came from