A.C.Hell | Teen Ink

A.C.Hell

By sashacook10, Oak Park, California
sashacook10, Oak Park, California

Summary:

One second. One second and my life changed forever. One moment I was on the field playing soccer and the next I was on the ground writhing in pain. I had knee problems before but never this horrible. The pain of an ACL tear would be the worst thing that's ever happened to me. And a fear that would linger in the back of my mind all the time. 

I went through the thought of it not being that bad and thinking I would be out for maybe 2 months. And I thought that was long. However, I did not know that 2 months would be more than four times. I walked to the doctor feeling off and walked out devastated. What once was two practices a week and a game was now a far away dream. Something I couldn't grasp for some time. 

I had to go to physical therapy and it hurt, literally. The repetition I had to do with my exercises over and over again was painful. And going to PT instead of practicing for soccer was so hard. Not being able to do one of the only things I loved. My mental health was hard to maintain but was manageable. However, after months and months of it I persevered and was released just 5 months ago only to tear my other ACL on my other knee 3 months after I was released. But I know I can come back stronger again. I did it once and I can do it again.

Sasha C.

A.C.Hell