Chinese Family Dinner (Series ) | Teen Ink

Chinese Family Dinner (Series ) MAG

By JackieLao, Shanghai, Other
JackieLao, Shanghai, Other

quote: Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. --Bruce Lee

In ancient China, people paid more attention to etiquette so I can see many lively stories about family reunions in various ancient literature, such as A Dream of Red Mansions.

Similar images

This art has 4 comments.

JackieLao said...
JackieLao, Shanghai, Other

@LiteraryMe watercolor painting!

Marian_de_Silva GOLD, Gampaha, Other

“If this year has taught me anything, it's that grief can destroy a person.”

“Have no fear of perfection, you'll never reach it.”

"Don't assume the answer is no before you ask the question."

@JackieLao This drawing is truly admirable. well done!!

on Apr. 24 2022 at 7:16 am
LiteraryMe PLATINUM, Dayton, Ohio

“The earth has music for those who listen.” —William Shakespeare

I love the thought that went into this and the result is spectacular! What medium did you use?

JackieLao said...
on Apr. 8 2022 at 4:24 am
JackieLao, Shanghai, Other

In ancient times, people paid more attention to the etiquette between families, so I can see many lively stories about family reunions and friends reunions in various ancient paintings and ancient literature. There are also many ancient scholars who pointed out that filial piety and sincerity towards friends are the most important things a person should have. In modern society, although technology is more advanced and the means of communication are more convenient, the relationship between relatives and friends is not as close as in ancient times. In many Chinese families, only one pair of parents and children live together, far from the families of the ancients.