sketchbook 4 "Mask" | Teen Ink

sketchbook 4 "Mask"

By scott737 BRONZE, west bloomfield, Michigan
scott737 BRONZE, West Bloomfield, Michigan

We live in illusion and the appearance of things. There is a reality. We are that reality. When you understand this, you see that you are nothing, and being nothing, you are everything. That is all.

this was primarily based off of rorschach ink blot tests and i drew into the watercolor and inks on the paper to what i saw. i want to help the viewer see what i see. not what he/she sees.

Similar images

This art has 4 comments.

Hayley said...
wow really cut:)Great job you should teach me:))

AlexandraVasari PLATINUM, Fort Stewart, Georgia

"Writing songs is super intimate. It's a bit like getting naked"~ Gwen Stefani

This is also really neat I love how you drew in what you saw. All the colors and jagged lines really grab my interest.Another great job!

tennisislovee34 GOLD, Sterling Heights, Michigan

"Every moment of your life, you're writing. Even in your dreams, you're writing. When you walk the halls in this school you meet various people and you write furiously in your head." -Frank McCourt

this one is my favoriteee :D

it kinda looks like a dragon

onlyiz said...
onlyiz, Boulder, Colorado

“You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.” - Mark Twain

the way those bright happy colors line up so unanimously is trippin' my brain because they don't make a sugar-high smile. and i don't know how that makes me feel.

what you drew in though, that makes perfect sense, and i applaud you on the artistry and care you took to make the face come together. the trailing lines leaves a lasting impression.

i love this piece. and i doubt i see what you saw, but you created a strong experiance and to me that's one of the points of art.