A Play on Light VIII | Teen Ink

A Play on Light VIII

By scott737 BRONZE, west bloomfield, Michigan
scott737 BRONZE, West Bloomfield, Michigan

We live in illusion and the appearance of things. There is a reality. We are that reality. When you understand this, you see that you are nothing, and being nothing, you are everything. That is all.

this is from my A.P Art Concentration portfolio. i use flower, latex, cheesecloth and other materials which i wont say. my concentration has to do with how light plays on materials and sculpture.

Similar images

This art has 2 comments.

My concentration is centered on having light play off of sculpture. I use the same materials: latex, flour, water and mod podge all over cheesecloth, on each sculpture. My idea is to use the same materials to create uniformity so the texture, value and luminosity are focused on. It is the unknown quantity from which and where I want to go to in my concentration. I try to create a very organic unity in my work and I am drawn to the luminosity that the materials create.

NeverFallTooHard PLATINUM, Hartford, Wisconsin

Reason is powerless in the expression of Love.~ Rumi
Realisim, in painting, is what one wants to see, not what they really see. ~ Janet Fish

*Tilts head at art*

I'm sorry, I'm a fry short of a happy Meal. Please explain this to me. What is it exactly? is it suposed to be a blob? And are all of your pics of the same thingie?