Sunflowers | Teen Ink

Sunflowers

By Summer BRONZE, Riyadh, Other
Summer BRONZE, Riyadh, Other

This piece was done for my IB HL Art portfolio in my senior year. It is based off of the saying "out of sight, out of mind" Which is about the tendency for us as humans to pay attention and follow a certain quota with the rest of the group when we see it and it is a present force in our environment. However, once it leaves for a while we turn our heads away to something new. Like sun flowers during the day turn their heads toward the sun and once the sun goes down they turn their heads in the opposite direction. It is also similar to the biblical story of Moses where in his absence to get the 10 commandments up Mount Sinai the Jews turned from their supposed belief of a metaphysical god and created a statue of a gold cow. (out of sight out of mind) For aesthetics I used the Golden ratio. The clouds sun flowers and dimensions are all done in the proper ratios for the most aesthetically pleasing effect ( often used in Renaissance art). In addition to this the number of seeds in a head is fibonacci's number which is used in art and Roman architecture a great. deal

Similar images

This art has 4 comments.

TheGreightGutzby SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
Hey this is one of youre new works, its great to see so much more progress i really love your style. It is mazing how you paint all those sunflowers and made them look so beautiful. Keep it up and I cant wait for you to post another painting.

Benx42 said...
Benx42, Galena, Kansas
woah, the time it must have taken to do the petals on the sunflowers says a lot, i love your style!!!

UglyMushroom GOLD, Columbus, Ohio

"It's a monday. I got nothin' goin' on..." ~O. Rogers

Beautiful! The flowers are so detailed and the clouds so real...and the colors are nice. Great job!

Aidyl BRONZE said...
Aidyl BRONZE, Oshawa, Other

"If you want a friend be a friend."

-Poster

"That's cool. Hey you know what's even cooler than triceratops? Every other dinosaur that ever existed!"
-Dwight Schrute The Office

Love the colors, this is really good