Harvest | Teen Ink

Harvest MAG

By Grace Jin, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Grace Jin, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

A few summers ago, I went back to China for vacation. I visited the village where some of my relatives live, and saw a farmer who was on his way back from harvesting. This work portrays a peaceful scene, a life of simplicity away from city traffic and neon lights. I hope that people can find the extraordinary in ordinary things, and see the beauty in their lives.

Similar images

This art has 2 comments.

BreeZephyr SILVER, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

“In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him...it's impossible to really understand somebody, what they want, what they believe, and not love them the way they love themselves.” - Orson Scott Card, Ender's Game

This is seriously one of the most beautiful works I've seen on TeenInk. Great job.

AlaNova ELITE said...
AlaNova ELITE, Naperville, Illinois

Dalai Lama said, "There are only two days in the year that nothing can be done. One is called YESTERDAY and the other is called TOMORROW, so today is the right day to love, believe, do, and mostly live..."

I was taken dumbstruck by the glory of the painting, and then dumped again in a pool of astounding awe as I read how you found inspiration for this piece. AMAZING JOB. This just sings of professionalism and complete talent. Bravissima to the tops.