Lonely Londoner | Teen Ink

Lonely Londoner MAG

By AnonymousTillYouKnowMe, Bucks, Other
AnonymousTillYouKnowMe, Bucks, Other

The 'Lonely Londoner' pictured is my friend Sarah. The painting is one of my final pieces for year 12 A level art, our theme was London and I was very inspired by American artist Edward Hopper's paintings of lonely people in New York city and his work is the reason why I explored the idea of being lonely in London. Sarah is cut off from everyone else in her loneliness, shown by the different styles that I painted her and the background in.

Similar images

This art has 8 comments.

AnonymousTillYouKnowMe, Bucks, Other
Thank you! I'm currently at central saint martin's in London doing my foundation diploma before degree, doing painting :) not giving up x

AnonymousTillYouKnowMe, Bucks, Other
Thank youu :) x

AnonymousTillYouKnowMe, Bucks, Other
Haha thank you! I appreciate the awesome feedback x

MariahPotter PLATINUM, Lansing, Michigan

“We dream in our waking moments, and walk in our sleep.” -scarlett letter

Wait... did you paint ALL of it?? Like, the hands and the jacket are so freakin realistic, this peice spoke to me. That is truly the most incredible peice of art I've seen in a while. You deserve a freakin medal, man.

AlaNova ELITE said...
AlaNova ELITE, Naperville, Illinois

Dalai Lama said, "There are only two days in the year that nothing can be done. One is called YESTERDAY and the other is called TOMORROW, so today is the right day to love, believe, do, and mostly live..."

Wow. Just...wow. Incredible--the way you designed this piece of art was just made to stun. Truly, great job, I can't wait to see more of your work! Bravissima!! - Ala Nova :) 

TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret" -Ambrose Bierce
" Be yourself! Everybody else is already taken ;)"
"Don't go where the path leads you. Go instead where there's no path and leave a trail ;)"-R.W.Emerson

So Impressive! It's letterally the first one that really amazes me. You certainly should continue in this path. Keep painting, you're really talented ^_^

AnonymousTillYouKnowMe, Bucks, Other
Thank you so much! I won't stop, I hope to make art a part of my future :) 

natart BRONZE said...
natart BRONZE, Danville, California
honestly this is the most creative piece I've seen on this site. this is amazing. please never stop painting.